⋆⋅ thirty-one ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 31
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

"I'll call!" I said, everyone else was too shocked to do anything.

"um—what's Canada's 999?" I looked around panicked.

"911, like America" Clay stuttered.

"ok, um ok, I'll be right back" I speed-walked into the room Wilbur and Tommy were just in.

"I'm calling right now" I whispered as Wilbur walked out. Tommy was sitting on the floor against the wall, his legs were curled up to his chest,

I was about to comfort him when the line picked up,
"911, what's your emergency?" I heard the operator and forgot what I was doing, so I stayed silent for a second.

"hello?" I heard the operator again.

"Yes, wait hello—um my friend we think she was—my friends missing"

"so would you like to file a missing person report?"

"um—yes but can you look for her or something, um we aren't from here—and she's a minor, her parents went missing last night um you may know—"  I glanced at Tommy, sitting in the same position.

"wait, is this the daughter of the couple that went missing last night in America?"

"I believe so yes"

"I'm gonna transfer you to the lead officer working on this case ok?" 

"y-yes ok thank you"

I heard a small ringtone and waited a minute, 
"Hello this is Officer Banks, I'm the lead on your friends parents case, can I ask who you may be?"

"I'm—I'm Niki" 

"Yes, your other friend mentioned you last night, Listen Niki I need you to tell me—" I had been cut off by a low beep. Now an unfamiliar man's voice rang through the phone, 

"listen here, I have Ollie and if you tell any of your friends, or the police, I will get you too, you got that?" I felt my face go pale, and tommy perked his head towards me.

"what?" Tommy instantly stood up in worry.

"i—" I sped out of the room and stood in front of the confused group; a lone tear ran down my cheek amidst the panic. Tommy hot on my tail.

"you got that?" the voice repeated. Before I could think about the complications, I put the phone on speaker and held a single finger to mouth as more tears left my eyes.

"c-can you s-say that again" I said, my voice breaking as I couldn't control my on-coming panic attack.

"I said I have Ollie, and if you tell your friends or the police, I'll take you too, I know you're vulnerable Niki, don't try anything, we're always watching, always listening" the Man warned. Everyone's eyes widened as they heard the statement.

"y-yes" was all I said before the call hung ended. I instantly collapsed to the ground, holding a hand to my mouth as I started silently sobbing.

"Niki—" Wilbur instantly came to comfort me, encasing me in his arms.

"w-wilbur I d-don't know what t-to do" I started to hyperventilate in between every word.

"Niki—Niki I need you to breathe, ok—Niki please I'm asking you to breathe"

"o-ok" I stopped for a minute to take a breather.

"good—again" Wilbur said sternly. And I took multiple deep breathes.