⋆⋅ fourty three ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 43
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

"hey Alex!"  I took a sip of my tea as Karl talked,

"hello Karl!" I could tell Quackity was off but trying his best to keep cool. The other end of the call was rather windy.

"are you in the car?" Karl asked.

"yes, we're in the car for today" Alex said in his accent. 

"we as in multiple?" Karl glanced towards me.

"yeah, me and Tommy"

I nearly spit out my tea, my face drained of color as I shot my eyes shot towards Karl, who looked just about the same.

"hello Karl" Tommy scoffed. I almost cracked at his annoyed tone.

"Hey Tommy!" Karl winced as he looked over to me. 

'um—I was just wondering of you wanted to do a stream later tonight? Maybe jackbox?" Karl asked convincingly.

There was about 10 seconds of silence before tommy spoke again, which brought goosebumps to my arms.

"um- we're a little busy the next couple days, but we can call you when we're available" Tommy nearly stuttered. In that moment, I desperately wanted to talk. Talk to tommy. I wanted to lunge forward, take the phone away from Karl, and just start talking.

Techno noticed my state and snapped his fingers in the air next to me, grabbing my attention.

a/n: my commentors when I literally just mention techno: 🙈😀😀😀💯 BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD❤💞💞✨✨✨✨✨❤💞✨💞❤

I glanced at him, he had wide eyes and was solemnly shaking his head no. I then looked at Karl, who was filled with anxiety as the conversation went on.

"yeah, that's be great tommy! Thanks!"

"yeah, no problem" tommy muttered.

"well I'll talk to you later Karl, have a nice day!"
Alex said cheeringly before they hung up.

"we could've told them right then and there," I said,
"the were away from the house, the team might have recorded the call, but they would still know" 

"we can't risk that" techno leaned back in the chair.

"what are we supposed to do then? literally keep me a secret until it all falls apart? We have to tell someone, without the team actually knowing"

"well we can't do it over call or text—" Karl cut himself off.

"wait—we can't do it over call or text, so we might as well just do it in real life!" Karl said, as Techno and I shared a confused look.

"techno you're supposed to go see them in a week, right?" 

That's when it hit me,

"yeah, I can push it forward though" Techno pulled out his phone,

"wait—so I am i just going to come along and like show up? after being missing?" I asked quizzically.

"yes" Karl said slowly.

"how is that going to work?"

"we'll probably just get you on Jimmy's plane, and we'll meet them at the airport" Karl explained. Techno and I nodded.

"I mean—do we have any other options?"

"I guess not" I muttered.

"I just texted wilbur to see what's the nearest I can come" Techno exclaimed. I took a deep breathe in anticipation. This could work.