⋆⋅ thirty-eight ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 38
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

Welcome to the 20k special...

"Karl, your still in North Carolina, right?"

"yeah of course I am! Why are you asking?" I could feel Karl's smile through the phone.

"well—um this is kinda hard to tell you but, I'm out on the side of the road in Ottawa, because I just got—kidnapped" I breathed out, having no other way to tell him.

"Ollie, I know your with everybody else right now, I've gotten prank calls before" Karl laughed.

"Karl—I know this is hard to believe but I need you to listen, I'm at a payphone right now because i literally just escaped from my kidnappers house. I can't tell wilbur or tommy or anyone because they have cameras at the cabin they're staying at. I wouldn't have called you if I didn't absolutely need to" I said in a hushed tone.

"ok—Ollie it's not even funny—" I cut him off.

"No I'm serious Karl, please just trust me"

"you're not joking?" Karl asked.

"no, I don't have my phone or any money and I'm at a gas station"

"oh my god—are you—are you ok?"

"yeah I'm fine—I just need your help" I responded.
"ok I'm—on my laptop right now, you're in Ottawa?"

"mhm"

"the closest flight is in 3 hours, there is an exclusive flight leaving in 50 minutes" Karl rushed, I heard typing on the other end.

"just texted Jimmy, he knows a guy"

"I effin love jimmy" I sighed.

We waited in silence for about 30 seconds before Karl cheered,

"YES, Ok I got it, the flight leaves in literally less than an hour—it's a two-hour flight, I could get there at 8ish if I speedrun, do you have any idea what gas station you might be at?"

"It's a shell" I looked up at the neon yellow sign above me.

"ok, I better get going, um—stay safe, everything will be okay, you got it?" he assured me,

"yes—Karl I love you so much right now" I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"anything for my friend, I'll be there soon"

And then the call ended.

I took a deep breath as I shakily put the phone back on the handle. I started pulling at my hair in pure anxiety,

"what to do in the meantime" I muttered.

I paced the sidewalk outside of the gas station. I had about 3 hours to loiter around, I couldn't leave since this was the place Karl was looking for, and I couldn't call him back now.

I slid down against the concrete walls and started thinking. After all, the reason I left the cabin by myself to begin with was to think. I traced my steps back to the very faint night i had were Me, Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Clay, (and Quackity) simultaneously kinda, sort of, broke the internet.

"chat what should we do I'm boreeeeedddd" Tommy whined.

Whatthehonkity: paint your nails!!!

"ooh we should paint our nails!" I said, pointing to a message sliding by. Tommy held out his hands to show butchered nails.

"what the literal hell tommy what did you do to your nails oh my god" I took his hand and started scolding him.