Chapter 30- Broken Affection

Above is the song Reece and Wesley are listening to later on in the chapter.

REECE

"Just be quiet and let me kiss the shit out of you."

....Huh?

Before I could even fully comprehend what he said, Wesley had squished my cheeks together and started leaning towards me with his lips puckered and eyes squeezed shut as if he was a preteen going in for his first kiss.

On instinct I squealed and reeled back, completely caught off guard by the sudden action. Wesley's eyes snapped open and he pouted in disappointment.

"Why'd you move?" he whined and I scoffed in disbelief.

I wasn't even done talking yet and he was already back to his normal self. It was as if everything that had gone down between us this past week and a half hadn't even happened. It shocked me how easy it was for him to go back to the way things were. It wasn't that I was still holding grudges on my end, it just didn't feel right that he had already forgiven me when I hadn't even properly apologized for everything I did wrong.

"Wesley, you didn't even let me apologize first," I exasperated.

"So? I already know you're sorry, it's written all over your face. I can see how guilty you feel and I don't want you to feel that way anymore," he said before snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me into him again, I quickly placed my hands on his chest to stop him.

"If you don't want me to feel that way then let me apologize...please," I pleaded with him quietly, resting my forehead against his for a moment as I awaited his reply.

Eventually, he sighed in defeat. "Fine, if it'll make you feel better, but just know that I don't blame you for anything anymore, I understand now that you never really intended to hurt me," I pulled away from him slightly and smiled to show my appreciation.

"Well first and foremost, I'm sorry that I avoided you. At the time, I was so focused on my own feelings that I didn't give much thought to yours and that was selfish of me. I'm especially sorry that I wasn't there to comfort you in regards to the situation with your dad, that's the mistake that's been eating away at me the most. Since we became friends you've been by my side whenever I experienced a hardship and the one time that you really needed my support...well, I let you down," I paused as my voice cracked and felt as if I was about to cry all over again when the guilt made its way to the surface of my emotions.

Was it close to that time of the month or something? I was being emotional which was completely out of character for me. Although, even if it was close to that time, mood swings were never really a side effect I had to deal with.

I decided to blame Wesley for this unusual side of me.

"Hey," he suddenly whispered to gain my attention before lightly bumping his forehead against mine with a playful smile. "You're by my side again, so don't stress about it," he reassured and I nodded.

"You're right, and I promise you I will never leave your side again."

"You better not," he teased.

"What I feel for you is so foreign to me, I didn't realize that hurting you would hurt me more," I admitted.

"Tell me about it, I didn't realize I was such a sucker for you until Monday during fifth period. I was so angry that I told myself I'd give you a taste of your own medicine but as soon as I saw the kicked puppy expression on your face I almost got down on my knees to beg for your forgiveness," he chuckled at his own joke before poking my forehead playfully. "Who gave you permission to hold that much power over me, hm?"