Chapter 5- Broken Late Nights

REECE

I woke up in the middle of the night due to noises coming from below me. I clenched my jaw at the familiar routine I seemed to be stuck in. Wasting no time, I ripped the blanket off of me, the warmth it emitted no longer surrounding me. I jogged down the stairs, too pissed to notice the headache that was starting to form at the back of my head. This coming-home-in-the-middle-of-the-night shit was getting old; I was getting sick of her childish behaviour.

Like always I found the kitchen light turned on, her second favourite place to be in the middle of the night besides the club. I clenched my fists and stormed in through the entrance, finding her rummaging through the liquor cabinet. I was convinced that she had a key of her own to the damn thing because I made sure to lock it the last time I caught her in this position.

"I'm getting a sense of deja vu," I growled, crossing my arms over my chest, as if I was the parent who caught her child in a naughty act. Like the last time, my mother jumped at the sudden sound of my voice but she didn't bother to acknowledge my presence in any other way. You'd think that she'd be used to getting caught by now but I guess not. My gaze was hard as I watched my mother like a hawk.

"Can you step away from the damn liquor for one second? I'm surprised you haven't had alcohol poisoning yet," I said accusingly, my mother sighed and took a swig of the vodka in her hands as if she couldn't be bothered by my comment.

"Just go back to your room Reed," she slurred out, waving her hand as if to shoo me away. I laughed bitterly at the incorrect name she just referred to me as.

"My name is Reece, Theresa," I spat out, using her first name to get a similar reaction out of her, but before she could do or say anything, another figure walked into the room.

I looked over at the entrance to find a male around the same age as my mother. He had dark chestnut hair which was messy, but it didn't suit him like it did with Wesley, it just made him look disheveled and grimy. His eyes were a dark brown, so dark, they almost looked black; there was stuble that scattered around his mouth and cheeks from not shaving for two or three days.

His clothes were wrinkled and I internally cringed at what they had been doing before they got here. My mother had never brought one of her hookups home before. I didn't know whether to be grateful that she decided to switch up our boring late night routine or more pissed that she made my night more difficult; I decided to go with the latter.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me, who the hell are you!? You know what, I don't give a shit, just get the fuck out of my house," I growled at the stranger in my home, stopping him before he could answer my question. His face contorted into a scowl, not appreciating my rude welcome and goodbye.

"Don't make me hurt you little girl," he snapped threateningly but I only chuckled bitterly at him, flipping him off. He was about to step towards me but my mother butted in.

"Leave her alone Henry, she gets a kick out of pissing people off," my mother interjected, taking another swig out of her bottle. I thought he'd be wrapped around my mothers finger but instead he glared at her.

"My name is Harry," he responded lowly and I snorted.

He should've just stuck with Henry (no offence to the Harry Styles fan club.)

I looked over at my mother, she tilted her head in confusion, as if she couldn't comprehend why his name suddenly went from Henry to Harry. I shook my head at how drunk she was.

"Don't take it personal buddy, she can't even remember her own daughter's name," I said, rolling my eyes before walking over to our utensil drawer and taking out a knife.