Chapter 16- Broken Virgins

REECE

The next two days of school went by in a blur. They were quite boring and uneventful, consisting of Wesley stubbornly following me around everywhere, Carter being very jumpy and paranoid, and Violet being rather quiet, which was odd for her. I hadn't seen steroid dude once– not that I was looking for him. I couldn't say the same for Carter though.

On Thursday he was able to steer clear from Steroids, being very careful while walking the halls. On Friday however, he had came running to our table during lunch in a frenzy, practically hyperventilating as he explained that Steroids had spotted him and tried hunting him down on his way to the cafeteria. Luckily for him, Steroid's stumpy stature helped Carter to lose him in the swarm of towering teenagers.

Wesley and Violet tried showing their concern even though there was amusement written all over their faces. I– on the other, had laughed my ass off at Carter's dishevelled state, finding his horrible luck nothing but hilarious.

Carter refused to talk to me for the rest of lunch, blaming me for his second near death experience.

Wesley had mentioned that Amelia had still been bringing up the movie night subject with him, both on Thursday and Friday. For some reason she was very desperate to tag along, but Wesley said he was able to politely turn down the suggestion as it wasn't up to him.

The second that information was out of his mouth, I had attempted to storm up to her and give her the pleasure of my foot up her ass. I would have if Wesley didn't stop me and calm me down, telling me that a reaction was exactly what she wanted from me.

I almost didn't listen as the image of my foot up her ass was quite pleasant to imagine.

It was Saturday, and I watched as the time on my clock changed, telling me it was now ten-thirty in the morning. I grumbled and rolled over on my back, wanting nothing more than to just go back to sleep for another three hours. I reminded myself that Wesley was coming over at twelve, and that I still needed to shower and eat breakfast.

With one last groan, I forced myself out of bed. I quickly checked my phone to see one message from Violet reminding me that her and Carter were coming around six. I replied with a simple "ok" and threw my phone on my bed. I then walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. Gripping the edge of the counter, I shut my eyes for a moment and let out a deep breath.

I watched as the girl in the reflection pushed her frizzy chocolate brown curls out of her face. She looked anything but friendly, lips swollen and etched into a deep frown, her eyebrows pulled together, an indication that now was not the time to mess with her. There were slight bags under her eyes despite her getting a decent amount of sleep. I sighed, gripping the counter tightly.

"Ugly bitch," I muttered in a low tone to my own reflection. I quickly turned away from the mirror and turned the shower on.

I stripped my clothes after making sure the door was locked and stepped under the steaming hot stream. I had always liked the water hot enough to leave a slight burning feeling when I first got in, but not hot enough to actually cause harm. I took my time scrubbing my body and hair while humming softly to myself. When I got out I had wrapped a towel around myself after realizing I hadn't brought clothes into the bathroom with me.

I opened the bathroom door, steam escaping the small room behind me, blocking my view for a second. Once the steam cleared I froze in my spot and clenched the towel tighter against my chest. A male figure had been sitting at the edge of my bed with one of my books in his hands, his eyes scanning the pages carelessly.