Chapter 19- Broken Confrontations

REECE

Ding dong.

Ding dong.

I took in a deep breath and gripped my blanket as our obnoxious doorbell slowly brought me out of my sleep. I grumbled quietly and turned away from my door, but my brows soon scrunched in annoyance when a bright stream of light refused to let me go back to a dreamless slumber. I rubbed my eyes aggressively and yanked the pillow from under me, slamming it down on my face instead. My lips pulled up into a content smile once my surroundings were quiet and dark again. A few seconds of peacefulness went by before it was disturbed once again.

Ding dong.

Ding dong.

I punched the mattress beside me in anger.

"Shut the fuck up!" I growled into the pillow and threw the blanket over me as well.

Maybe if I just stay here they'll eventually give up and leave me alone.

Ding dong. Ding dong. Ding dong.

The person started ringing the doorbell more frantically. Whoever the hell it was, they knew I was home and refused to let me sleep any longer. I heard Sammy groan in frustration from his room beside mine. His groan was followed by heavy, aggressive kicks to his mattress.

"Get the door Reece!" He soon growled in anger. I growled back before punching the mattress a few more times and throwing the pillow to the ground. I quickly sat up and pushed my knotted hair out of my face. Before I stood up, I quickly checked the time on my clock and did a double take when it told me that it was only six-thirty in the morning.

Who the fuck is interrupting my sleep this early on a Monday!?

I ripped my blanket off of me and stomped my way over to my door before yanking it open. I didn't even care to try and make myself look a little more presentable, I was too furious to even think about how bad I probably looked right now. I aggressively jogged down the stairs, my feet making loud stomping sounds along the way.

I yanked the front door open and glared venomously at the tall, attractive male who stood in front of me. I knew I looked the complete opposite with my frizzy hair and narrowed, sleep deprived eyes.

Wesley slowly raked his eyes down my short figure and his lips pulled up into an amused smirk.

"You look.....lovely," he mused, but my expression stayed the same, I was still very pissed.

Which is why my fist collided with his abdomen as soon as my brain was able to register who stood in front of me.

Wesley immediately hunched over and gripped his stomach. He spluttered and coughed, telling me I hit him hard enough to knock the wind out of him. The entire time I watched with a satisfied smirk, there wasn't a single part of me that felt bad for him.

I wasn't a morning person.

"What the...hell Reece!?" He wheezed between deep breaths and clutched the doorframe in order to stay up right.

"That's what you deserve for waking me up this early," I grumbled and poked his forehead. He slapped my hand away and stood back up as soon as he was able to catch his breath again.

"That's a shit excuse cave-girl, you had to get up in half an hour anyways," he glared at me and poked my forehead back.

"Exactly! I should still be sleeping right now!" I snapped in frustration.

"God, you are so dramatic in the morning," Wesley groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose between his eyes. I shot my fist at him again but this time he expected it and caught my wrist in his tight grasp. "Stop that you midget devil!" He hissed.