Chapter 6- Broken Shopping Trip

REECE

"You want to what!?" I looked over at Violet in bewilderment at the idea she just proposed me with; She sighed at my reaction.

"I want to go to Jacob Holders party Friday night and you're coming with me," she explained for the second time and I furrowed my eyebrows at the statement.

"Since when were you a party kind of girl?" I questioned, not recalling a time she ever went to a party or wanted to go to one, Violet gave me an unimpressed look.

"I've always wanted to go to a party, I just never had anyone to go with and I never asked you because I knew it would be hard to convince you to agree," she answered my question and I simply shrugged because I knew she was right.

"You know me so well," I stated, before putting my books away into my locker, indicating I no longer wanted to continue this conversation.

A week had gone by since Asher approached me at my locker, Wesley hadn't been too much of a bother, only acknowledging my presence here and there. It was now Monday and the end of another school day. Violet had showed up at my locker with the sudden news that she was interested in going to Jacob Holders party; I still found it hard to believe. Violet poked me in the arm, forcing me to turn and glare at her.

"Please Reece, do it for me? It's our last year, I just want to experience one high school party before we graduate," she pleaded, desperately clinging onto my arm and giving me her puppy dog eyes, I sighed in frustration.

"I have work after school on Friday, I'm sorry, try asking Carter, I'm sure he'd love to go with you," I turned her down once again, she rolled her eyes at my excuse.

"No you don't, you chose Friday and Saturday as your days off, you're coming with me to that party and you are going dress shopping with me right now," she caught my white lie and I groaned at the mention of dress shopping.

"If I'm going, I'm not wearing a dress," I bargained, knowing she would have to take the deal if she wanted me to go, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"But you would look so good in a dress, please?" She tried to convince me, and I chuckled at the hope she had that I would be crushing.

"It's not gonna happen sweetheart," I let her down. I've never bothered to wear a dress in eight years and I wasn't going to start now, it wasn't me, not anymore. Violet sighed at my stubbornness, but she decided to let it go.

"Fine, wear whatever you want, but I still need a dress and you're still coming with me," she ordered and grabbed my arm, dragging me down the hall towards the front doors of the school; I sighed knowing she wasn't going to let me get out of this one.

"I have to pick up Sammy and drop him off at Jonathan's then," I informed her and she nodded in understanding. We got in my car, her on the passengers side while I was in the drivers seat and I began driving towards Sammy's school.

When we arrived and Sammy climbed into the back seat, greeting both Violet and I, I couldn't help but feel happy to see him again. It had only been two days since he decided he wanted to stay over at Jonathan's again this past weekend, but I already missed seeing his face around the house. We also hadn't been on the best terms this past week because he's been acting off since last Monday for some unknown reason.

Unfortunately, the reunion didn't last long as I explained to him that I would be going out and dropping him off at Jonathan's once again, he didn't seem to mind the situation.

Once again Sammy and I were parted as he bid me goodbye and got out of the car, knocking and disappearing into the Langford's household. Just like that, we were on our way to the mall. Violet turned up the volume on the radio to drown out the silence and began belting along to the lyrics of an overplayed pop song; I cringed at how horrendous she sounded but decided to let her enjoy herself in her own happy bubble.