Chapter 24- Broken Kisses

REECE

By the time I had finished fixing myself up and went downstairs to eat something, my mom was no longer home. She had left me alone like I had wanted her to, but now I was by myself and bored.

I thought about texting Wesley to come over again but I didn't want to seem clingy and annoying. He had already spent the entirety of yesterday at my house and I was sure that he would like some time by himself in his own home.

Forgetting about everything that had happened with Wesley and my mom this morning, I focused on figuring out what I was going to make myself to eat. I had a slight headache from the alcohol I had consumed last night, but I knew it was best to get something in my system first before taking some Advil.

After searching through my fridge and cupboards, I came to the conclusion that I was too lazy to make something decent for myself, so I settled with heating up a frozen dinner.

When I finished eating, I took the painkillers and headed back up into my room. I then remembered what Wesley had left on my neck last night and sighed as I walked into my bathroom to inspect the bruise in the mirror.

He was right, it did get darker.

How the hell was I supposed to cover this?

I grumbled in frustration, skimming my thumb over the area. I couldn't believe that I had gone along with his stupid idea to give me a hickey. I mean really, who cares if Carter and Violet didn't believe us, it wasn't like they could force us to complete the dare anyways.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it had anything to do with our friends, I'm pretty sure he just really wanted to give me a hickey.

I became more irritated the longer I stared at the very obvious bruise on my neck. I didn't really care what people thought of me if they saw it, that wasn't really an issue though since we still didn't have school for the next few days. However, I couldn't let my brother see it; as lame as this was gonna sound, I don't want to corrupt the image he had of me.

Sammy wasn't naive, he'd know exactly how I got this and it would be too much for his innocent mind to handle. He would probably never look at me the same way again. I mean look at what happened during Twister, Wesley had definitely scarred him.

I ended up fishing in my mom's room for her foundation. I needed to practice covering this damn thing up as best as I could. When I got back into my bathroom, I squirted some of the makeup on her beauty blender and placed it on top of the bruise. Thankfully, my mom and I were the same shade, despite the fact that she was out in the sun a lot more than I was.

After patting the makeup until it blended nicely into my skin, I looked at the bruise which was still really noticeable through the foundation. Not knowing what else to do, I just put more makeup on top and blended that out as well. It became less dark, but it was still not enough.

Getting more frustrated by the second, I ended up googling how to cover a damn hickey properly, which was quite mortifying, I never thought I would have to look up such a thing. Finally, after going through the video, I was able to cover it up nicely, enough so it wouldn't draw any attention.

After hours of chilling in my room doing everything possible to cure my boredom, I had ran out of ideas on what to do. I already tried reading, drawing, playing my instruments, texting my friends, and now I was laying on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling above me.

I had come to the conclusion that the rest of the day was going to be very uneventful. I would have gone to pick Sammy up from Jonathan's, but I knew that he would probably want to stay for at least a few more hours, especially now that I'm aware that Jonathan never actually broke his leg.