Chapter 11- Broken Arguments

REECE

I woke up to the jingle of keys and a door closing, followed by the clacking of heels. I rubbed my eyes before grabbing my phone off the nightstand and checking the time.

6:42 a.m.

I had only gotten about two hours of sleep. I could only assume that the noises being made belonged to my mother who finally decided to show up. Due to the night spent with Wesley, I was too tired to get up and lecture her, so instead, I rolled over and shut my eyes again, planning to fall back asleep.

That's when it finally processed in my head that there was a grown ass teenage boy sleeping in my living room and if I didn't get up now, I was going to be dragged to hell once my mother discovered him.

My eyes sprung open and I frantically yanked the blanket from my body before leaping out of bed and jogging down the stairs. My mother turned around in fright, her eyes widening at the loud thumping that came with every step I took. She placed her hand over her heart and glared once she realized it was just me.

"Jesus Reece, what the hell is your problem?" she hissed before sighing in exhaustion and walking into the kitchen, I followed after her.

"Leave Jesus out of this, he's too holy to be mentioned from your lips-" I retorted before cutting myself off as I examined her appearance.

There was no alcohol bottle present in her hand, she wasn't stumbling everywhere and she actually looked put together. "Are you actually sober for once?" I asked in disbelief. She glared at me once more.

"Unfortunately." She placed her purse and keys on the kitchen counter. "I worked a nightshift which sadly means I haven't been able to consume any alcohol for more than 24 hours," she crossed her arms, leaning against the counter. Just peachy, of course the one time it would have been better for her to be wasted, she walked in completely sober.

"The struggle you're going through is simply heartbreaking," I deadpan, rolling my eyes to further bring attention to my sarcasm.

"Whatever Reece," she dismissed the topic before heading in the direction of the living room, which she rarely ever went may I add. I began to slightly panic, not knowing what to do in the little time I had to stop her.

"Where are you going!?" I suddenly blurted. She stopped in her tracks, looking at me as if I was the dumbest thing she could ever give birth to.

"I'm sorry, can I not enter my own living room?" She questioned with an edge to her tone.

"No," I quickly responded and she scoffed before entering anyways. "No don't!" I yelled running after her. As I entered the living room, I expected the worst. Imagine my shock when I found the pillow and blanket still present on the couch but the teenage boy missing.

"What the hell is wrong with you today Reece?" my mother questioned in disbelief before noticing the pillow and blanket as well. "Were you sleeping on the couch? Is that why you didn't want me coming in here? God Reece, I couldn't care any less about your weird antics," my mother jabbed at me before grabbing her sleeping mask which I assumed was the reason she came in here for. Why she had it in the living room instead of her bedroom? I couldn't tell you.

"God should definitely not be mentioned out of your sinful lips either," I glared at her.

"Just shut up Reece, enough of your witty attitude, your giving me a headache," she growled and I felt anger take over my body.

"Yeah well you've been giving me a whole brain malfunction every time you're within a 10ft radius of me," I growled back. She glared before walking out of the room.