Chapter 34- Broken Betrayal

REECE

I was awoken by tender kisses being peppered all across my face; my forehead, my eyelids, my nose, my cheeks, and finally, the feathery touch hovered above my lips, patiently waiting for me to gain full consciousness. Not wanting him to smell my horrid morning breath, I swerved my head away from his and buried my face into his shoulder instead.

"Wesley," I tiredly murmured against his collarbone in annoyance, but despite my slight irritation with him, I still hooked my arms around his shoulders and brought him down against me– wanting nothing more than to be enveloped in his warmth.

It was then that I remembered he was topless, and I let my hands skim their way across the smooth ridges of his shoulder blades, causing an airy chuckle to escape his mouth against the side of my head.

His hands traveled their way down to my waist and he gently ran them up and down my sides in a soothing manner. Instinctively, I securely wrapped my legs around his own waist and clung to him like a sloth would to a tree. I felt a firm kiss being pressed against my temple before he decided to break the peaceful silence.

"Munchkin, you should get up and go back to your tent before everyone else wakes up," he softly advised into my ear before placing a kiss against my jawline. Not being too keen on the idea of letting go and leaving him, I didn't bother responding and simply squeezed him tighter against me. Realizing that I was choosing to be stubborn, he attempted to pry himself away from my clingy limbs but it proved to be impossible with the death grip I had on him. With an annoyed grunt, he decided to roll us over so I was laying on top of him instead.

"Come on Reece, you have to go, it was your idea to keep this a secret," he continued to try and convince me further, but the way his hand ran up and down my back in a soothing pattern made it extremely difficult to listen as all it did was coax me into falling back asleep. Still, I knew I couldn't do that.

Instead, I left a litter of light kisses across his chest before pushing myself up so I was straddling him as he continued to lay beneath me. I paused for a moment, taking in his beautiful and very much half-naked appearance before me.

His eyelids were half closed as he tiredly stared back at me, but that didn't make his gaze on me any less intense; his lips were slightly more swollen from sleep and his raven hair lay a mess against his forehead and pillow. I even noticed a slight shadow of stubble already beginning to appear from not shaving for a day.

I noticed his long dark lashes that surrounded his hypnotizing forest green irises, I noticed the very few light freckles that scattered across his naturally rosy cheeks, I noticed the small dimple that appeared at the corner of his mouth with the tilt of his lips, I even took notice of the single beauty mark placed at the outer corner of his left eye.

He was beautiful.

I glared weakly at him, feeling slightly envious of how he could be so goddamn attractive without even trying. Wesley arched a brow and tilted his head in silent curiosity.

"You're pretty as shit, you know that? Even when you just woke up," I grumbled, letting my forehead drop against his chest so I didn't have to look at him after admitting that. I felt his chest vibrate with silent laughter, causing my cheeks to grow warm in embarrassment. His hands came up to grip my waist.

"No one has ever called me pretty before," I felt him murmur into the top of my head, he then cupped my cheeks in his hands, stopping me from burying my face in his bare chest and forcing me to look up at him. "Thank you, I hope you know I also find you pretty as shit, always," he whispered softly, staring adoringly into my eyes and caressing my cheek affectionately, I leaned into his touch. "You're beautiful Reece," he added, making me shy with just those three words. He guided my face closer to his, his eyes firmly set on my lips, but before he could kiss me, I quickly pressed my hand against his mouth and turned my face away from his.