Chapter 25- Broken Doubts

REECE

I was avoiding him.

I knew it was wrong of me but, I was.....

Scared.

I was scared.

It wasn't because I regretted what had happened between us the last time I saw him, it was actually quite the opposite.

I wanted more, but wanting more was dangerous. I couldn't help but think that going further would cause more damage than repair.

I knew that was just my fears talking, but what if they were right? What if this thing with Wesley ended up like mine and Asher's relationship? I couldn't let that happen.

Wesley isn't Asher, my subconscious reminded me, Wesley is nothing like Asher.

Deep down I knew that Wesley was everything good for me, but that didn't stop all my doubts from clouding my judgement.

That day in Wesley's bathroom, everything had felt wrong yet so right. Wrong between him and his father, yet right between him and I. In the moment, when I came to the realization of just how deep my feelings ran for him, I wasn't scared.

What my heart wanted hadn't been clouded by what my head doubted.

As soon as Wesley left my room the next morning, my mind went haywire with what if's.

What if it doesn't work out?

What if he breaks my heart?

What if I break his heart?

What if I lose him completely?

It was like all my doubts haunted me in his absence, yet they were the least of my worries in his presence.

All these fears of mine have been making me go insane since I last saw him. The last few days of our break I made sure to keep my window locked and my curtains closed. I ignored all his calls, too cowardly to hear the hurt and disappointment in his voice. When he texted me multiple times asking if something was wrong and if we could talk, I lied and told him everything was fine and that I was just too busy to see him.

He tried knocking on my window and my front door a few times but I simply ignored him until he gave up. Sammy obviously noticed something was up between the two of us and questioned why I was refusing to see him but I brushed him off and told him everything was fine. He didn't believe me, he was too smart for that, but he let it go for the time being.

I was being selfish, ignoring Wesley when he needed me the most, and I knew it. I wasn't planning on avoiding him forever, I just needed some time to get back to my normal self before facing him (at least that was what I was telling myself to feel like less of a shitty person.)

It was now the first day back to school and there I was sitting wide awake on my bed at six in the morning thinking about how I could possibly avoid Wesley when he was a part of my small friend group and in two of my classes.

There was no possible way.

I only had two options:

1. Suck it up and face him already

Or

2. Skip second, third and fifth period

Option two sounded more appealing to me. I couldn't face Wesley for the first time at school after avoiding him for days, he would no doubt drill me with questions and I didn't want to have such a private conversation in such a public place.