Chapter Sixty Seven: Birthday Gift

[A/N: I know I said I wouldn't be updating again anytime soon, but...surprise! It's been snowing in the uk overnight so I've woken up and don't want to move from my bed. Enjoy this little chapter! There's not long to go before I'm on the next part of the book!]

 Enjoy this little chapter! There's not long to go before I'm on the next part of the book!]

THE SCHOOL YEAR had drawn to an almost close, faster than most students could process. Exam season was soon approaching as well as the next and final task of the Triwizard Tournament, but this also meant another thing; it was almost Draco's birthday.

Daisy was excited. She knew exactly what she was going to get him. He had been hinting for a while and she had finally decided to give in, knowing it would make him rather happy.

Draco had always wanted a Firebolt. As soon as Sirius had gifted her one after their mission to save him the previous year, he didn't stop going on about how he wanted his own one as it was so much better than a Nimbus 2001 and how Daisy had a better broom than him. She didn't hear the end of it.

Easter Holidays meant she could go and purchase one without him around, her dad gladly taking her to the wizarding alley. She had visited the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop to pick up the broomstick, her father visiting the apothecary just opposite. It didn't take her long to find it and she purchased it without any hesitation. Returning it to the school had been no problem as she returned for their final term by the Floo network, hiding the gift in her bedroom in her fathers quarters. She just couldn't wait to give it to Draco.

The day before his birthday the group of friends had gone to Hogsmeade, the sun shining around them. The weather was getting warmer, the nights were staying bright for longer. This was Daisy's favourite time of year. "Are you all prepared for your exams?" Pansy asked them all as they reached the three broomsticks. Crabbe and Goyle gave a large grunt, too occupied on stuffing their faces with sweets from Honeydukes. They complained that it was getting too hot for them, before saying goodbye to the group and leaving to go back to the school.

"I think it's rather rude that we still have to do exams with this tournament going on. It's way too much work for me." Daisy laughed as she took hold of Draco's hand, intertwining their fingers. He looked over at her, admiring her features.

"I'm totally not prepared, I'll fail everything." Draco spoke. Daisy shook her head. She knew he wouldn't, he had been studying so hard.

The group walked into the pub, finding a table to sit at together. They placed their orders, Daisy and Pansy sitting down as the boys went to collect the drinks. "I say we throw Draco a surprise party tomorrow." Daisy whispered to Pansy, hoping the boys wouldn't hear them. She nodded.

"Oh my, yes! That's a great idea. We can prepare as soon as we get back." Daisy agreed. They both silenced as the boys made their way back to them, chuckling. The boys placed the drinks in front of them before sitting down, removing their jackets.