Chapter Eighty Eight: One Year

[A/N: our beloved draisy are growing up! No, there isn't any of *that* just yet, only talking about it because dais has trauma and draco is a gentleman and respects that. I promise they will eventually...but prepare to have a chapter of scrolling off of Wattpad to collect yourself with how cute our little ship is! This was only supposed to be a filler chapter but 7,300 words later I present the most cutest chapter I've written. ]

WAKING UP in her boyfriend's arms had never felt more special for Daisy Snape

WAKING UP in her boyfriend's arms had never felt more special for Daisy Snape. Today was one whole year of them being official. One whole year spent loving Draco Malfoy. After Christmas Day, Daisy had returned with Draco to spend time with him before they returned to school. She looked at the boy lovingly as his eyes were still closed, his breathing even as he was still fast asleep, tiny snores escaping his pursed lips. Daisy had been sleeping much better with Draco next to her. Not a single nightmare in sight.

The door knocked lightly as it creaked open, a tired Narcissa walking into the room. "Good morning Daisy, did you sleep well?" She whispered seeing her son still fast asleep. Narcissa always trusted the two together. She knew they would be on their best behaviour. Draco had also told her that they had been together for one whole year. He had been very open and honest with his mother about Daisy.

Daisy nodded. "I did, very well actually." The older witch smiled gently, walking over to open the curtains.

"Good. Well, when Draco is awake please tell him breakfast is ready." Daisy nodded, sinking back into the pillow as the woman exited the room, the door closing with a light click.

Daisy couldn't help but admire the boy. He looked peaceful. His blonde hair had fallen into his face, his lips now slightly parted. He was perfect. She felt the boy stir next to her, his eyes opening as he adjusted to the light. "Dray." Daisy smiled softly, reaching up to move a strand of hair from his eyes. "Good morning." Draco gave a loud stretch, rolling over next to the girl.

"Well good morning to you, Dais. I think there was no better way to wake up than by your side." He ran his fingers through her hair, tucking it behind her ear. "Did you have a bad dream? You're not normally awake first." Daisy shook her head against the pillow, her eyes transfixed on him.

"I haven't had one since you came over on Christmas Day. When you're next to me they don't happen, it's like I am safe with you." She closed her eyes briefly, taking in how she felt in that moment. Love. The sun peaked through the curtains, casting a golden glow inside the room. The birds chirped in the trees outside, the morning song sweet to their ears.

"I wish I could take them away for good." The boy whispered, his thumb gently stroking the girls cheek as Daisy placed her hand on top of his. Their eyes met briefly as Daisy sat up slightly, her back resting against the green satin.