Chapter seventeen: what was that?

*Daisy's Point Of View*

I was let out of the hospital wing the next day. I had detention tonight with the golden trio and Malfoy. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. I wasn't looking forward to spending my night with Malfoy either.

The moment I saw Harry, he apologised at least twenty times. I almost hexed him, he was that close.

Mr Filch accompanied us to detention. I hate him. He acts like he's the best when he can't even do magic.

I was walking next to Malfoy with Hermione in front with Harry and Ron on either side of her.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." he said, leading us down near Hagrid's hut. Hagrid?

Draco gulped. "Scared Malfoy?" I whispered to him. I almost laughed but I'll save that for later.

"Shut it Snape, I'm not scared." he whispered back.

"I wish this squib would shut the hell up." I moaned to Draco and he snorted.

"That's probably the only good thing I've heard come out your mouth Snape, good one." he nodded.

"Whatever, Malfoy." I laughed.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." filch said, his tone full of evil. I wish he would just leave.

We approached Hagrid and he had a cross bow, Fang is at his side, sitting down waiting for instructions. Hagrid lets off a quiet sniffle and rubs his eyes.

"A sorry lot this is, Hagrid oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you?" Filch questions Hagrid. Wait Norbert.

"Norberts gone. Dumbledore sent him off to live in a colony." he said, sniffing and sighing.

"Well that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Hermione asked curiously.

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania?" Hagrid sniffles again. Filch rolls his eyes and me and Draco start sniggering. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

"The dragons not the only baby." I whisper and only Draco hears. He starts laughing. Hermione just glared at him and then at me.

"Oh, for god sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch says sarcastically.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't aloud. And there are...," Draco starts to think but his thoughts are interrupted by a large howl. "Werewolves!"

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch says, walking past me and Draco. Draco looks frightened as hell. "Nighty night."

"Stop looking so scared Draco, I'm surprised you haven't said ''my father will hear about this" yet, I probably spoke too soon but oh well." I mocked in his voice.

"Shut it Daisy, wouldn't you tell your dad if this oaf is taking you into a forbidden forest?"

"True, true." I nodded.

"Right, let's go." Hagrid says.

We start walking for ages and ages. It must have taken us at least twenty minuets till we actually stopped. Hagrid walks over to a tree with a silvery liquid on them. What?

"Hagrid, what's that?" I asked.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this ones been injured bad by something. So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."