Chapter Thirty: In The Chamber.

[a/n: this will most probably be a really long chapter. I can't believe I've already gone through two books! Prisoner of Azkaban is next and I'm most excited because that's my favorite book/film! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Please vote and comment if you like it too!]

*Daisy's Point Of View*

It's been three days since we followed the spiders. We'd tried to do research but without Hermione, were useless.

We were In the hospital wing visiting Hermione when Harry pulled out a piece of paper. "What's that, Harry?" I asked him.

"Guys, this is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked. Come on!" We ran out the hospital wing and down the corridor. "Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpents eye. Spiders flee before it."

"That's how only Harry and I can here it. It's a snake!" I said, happy that we've found more information.

"But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is it no ones dead?" Ron asked, confused.

Harry and I turned and looked into the window. We were met with our reflections. "Because no one did look it in the eye." we whispered at the same time.

"Not directly, at least. Colin saw it through his camera. Justin must have seen the basilisk-" Harry started. I cut him off.

"Justin saw him through Sir Nicholas, remember? Sir Nicholas got the fall blown thing." I said.

"Yes! But he can't die, he's a ghost, he can't die again. And Hermione... had the mirror. I bet you anything she was using it to look around corners, in case it came along." Harry smiled. We were getting somewhere with this.

"And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, guys." Ron said, trying to think back.

"There was water on the floor remember?" I remembered, smirking.

"She only saw the basilisk'a reflection. Spiders flee before it! it all fits!" Harry exclaimed.

"But how's a basilisk been getting around? A dirty great snake--someone would have seen it?" Ron was trying to think. His lips were pursed in a straight line.

"Hermione's answered that, too." he showed us the page. 'Pipes' was written in neat handwriting, along the bottom of the page.

"Pipes? It's using the plumbing?" Ron grimaced.

"Harry, remember Aragog! He told us the girl was found in a bathroom, fifty years ago? What if she never left?" I practically screamed at him. I just remembered all this information Aragog told us.

"Moaning Myrtle! Daisy your a genius." Harry said.

"Moaning myrtle." Ron's eyes went wide and he smirked.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor, immediately." Professor McGonagall's voice boomed through the speakerphones. Well you can guess what we did, being the rule breakers we are. We went to the second floor corridor.

We hid behind a tall, stone pillar next to the teachers. "Shh!" I whispered.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster into the chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." The sad tone of Professor McGonagall sounded around us. No they can't send us home.