Chapter Fifty Eight: Rita Skeeter

THE DAYS FOLLOWING the announcement of the three, or in this case, five champions had been tough for Daisy and Harry

THE DAYS FOLLOWING the announcement of the three, or in this case, five champions had been tough for Daisy and Harry. Everywhere the twins went, whispers followed close behind. Rumours, speculations on how they did it, how they became champions. Nobody could put an answer on it, but the teachers could. They knew, deep down, it was dark magic.

Dumbledore had summoned the group into his office after breakfast on the Saturday morning, telling them that a representative from the Daily Prophet would arrive shortly to cover the champions in the next edition of the newspaper. Daisy sighed at the old man. If there was one thing she hated, it was having her photo taken or the world knowing her story. Unlike Harry, her story ended that tragic evening fourteen years ago for wizards and witches worldwide. She simply didn't exist to them anymore. But she did, under her real name. A name that was hidden from her for so long. She was sure Harry would take the spotlight, regardless. He was the golden boy, the boy who defeated the Dark Lord as a baby, he was the boy who lived. Any mention of Harry and the sales of the Daily Prophet would skyrocket. It was their strategy.

Severus Snape had been keeping a close eye on his daughter every day. He was worried for her, but he knew that she was prepared. She had an advantage in that she was powerful. Something about her allowed her to excel in magic beyond her years, something her own father couldn't even do. This had shown to Professors and students from the very first few months of her starting at the school. Nobody knew why. It was a skill only she possessed.

Daisy had returned to the Slytherin Common Room shortly after meeting with Dumbledore. He would come and collect the students when the Daily Prophet had arrived to interview them. She hoped it would be short, she didn't want to spend longer thinking about this contest than she already had to. She had quickly changed into her school uniform, seeing her friends in their normal clothing, or even their pyjamas. She was jealous.

"Father sent me an owl this morning, asking about the tournament. He had seen your name in the Daily Prophet and was unsure if it was true." Draco was sat next to his best friend. She was engrossed in a book about magical plants and their properties, another one she had borrowed from her father. She snapped up when Draco had tapped her on the shoulder.

"Sorry." She mumbled. He repeated himself again, huffing at his best friend. "What did you reply back? That I'm such a Slytherin rebel that I confused a powerful magical object and stuck my name into it?" She chuckled slightly. She was trying to make a joke of the situation, but that plan failed.

"Actually, I told him how worried I was." He sighed. "We're all scared, Daisy." She frowned. She didn't want Draco to worry about her, but he did. More than he ever showed. Deep down, all he could think about was her, and every scenario this contest could put her in. He shook his head, trying not to think of the worst.