Chapter Thirty Three: What Have I done?

[a/n: I have finally decided that after this whole story is finished, I'm going to write two more books based on this story. There will be one what happens after Daisy leaves Hogwarts and a Snily fanfic... This isn't final but it will most probably be about that... Also, second chapter today because I feel like I cut off the last chapter too quickly.]

________________________

*Snape's Point of View*

What have I done? I promised her. I hurt my own daughter! She left crying...Shes never going to forgive me.

I sat at my desk, thinking of ways to fix this. A simple 'I'm sorry' was not going to be enough. Ergh... Why did I have to be so stupid?

I loved Daisy so much. My own daughter...Something I thought I would never have. Something was bugging me though. She said something happened on the train...? Probably to do with Potter as always. I can't believe he's Daisy's Brother. My worst enemy's son is my daughters brother...

Lily. Everything came down to my lovely lily. I regretted everything that happened. Why did I have to be so stupid. First I hurt Lily's feelings and now I've hurt Daisy's feelings.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Deep down, I hoped that it was Daisy. It probably wasn't. Maybe it was some dunderhead child. "Enter." I said coldly, still looking at my desk. Even though I was hurting deep down, I still had to keep up my act of the 'evil potions master'.

The person who came in the door was the person I least expected to show. Albus. "Severus, is everything alright?" He looked at me with the goddam twinkle in his eye. Sometimes I wondered if the man was crazy.

"Everything is fine, Albus." I snapped at him. He was a bit taken aback by my attitude.

"Clearly not, Severus. I sense that you are worried." This man doesn't miss a thing.

"Albus, I'm so stupid." I sighed, looking up at the man.

"Why is that?" He looked at me a bit dumbfounded.

"First Lily, Now Daisy. I don't know what to do." I felt emotions. I cared for the girl like a father should. I wanted to cry, I wanted to be angry with myself. I wanted to be invisible.

"What do you mean, Severus?" His twinkle was still present. Gosh, I wish there was a spell to get rid of it.

"I hurt Lily's feelings, look where that got me. Now I've hurt Daisy's. She'll hate me...just like her mother did." I cried. Tears fell from my eyes.

"How did you hurt Daisy's feelings, Severus? If I may ask..." The man sighed. He was the only person who knew everything.

"I hit her, Albus. I didn't mean to. I'm the worst father ever. I promised her. I-promised her, Albus." My voice cracked as I raised my voice.

"Calm down, Severus. What happened?" His voice was more serious now.

"Well you probably know that her and Potter used underage magic in the holidays?" He nodded. "I received a letter from the ministry about it. I was going to talk to her about how stupid it was and she got angry with me. She started getting cheeky... She told me something happened on the train and that she wanted to go to bed. I tried to talk to her, Albus. I lost my temper and hit her." I probably looked like an idiot. If any student was to see me like this, they would think that I'm someone else.

"Ah, Yes. Didn't she tell you what happened on the train?" I shook my head. "Dementors. They were searching the train for Sirius Black. They tried to perform the kiss on her and Harry... without authorisation. That's why I came here." He sighed. "I tried to find out why the dementors affect them so much. It's obvious to Daisy... But to Harry, that's a whole new story."

"They affect Daisy so much because...?" I looked at him confused.

"She doesn't have many happy memories. It would surprise me if she has one powerful enough to produce a Patronus." he sighed.

"Albus, I'm so stupid... I don't know what to do." I looked at the man who was looking at my bookshelves...such an odd man...

"Apologise to her. It may take her some time, Severus. She will forgive you." he smiled at me.

"I hope so. Why do I have such a short temper..." I growled. One thing I hated about myself.

"Daisy reminds me of someone, you know?" He turned around and looked at me.

"Who is that?" I raised my eyebrows at the old man.

"She reminds me of you when you were at Hogwarts." He smiled before continuing, "Incredibly gifted, I might say. She's very kind to those she cares about. Severus, she's your daughter, remember that."

"I know, but I cant stop thinking about Lily. I was so stupid to let Lily go. I love her." I frowned. Lily was and will be my only love. Daisy will always be my special little girl, the only thing I have of Lily left.

"Severus, you need to stop blaming yourself for that."

"Who am I meant to blame? I lost the woman I loved to that Potter, who happened to be my school bully and then they had that Potter who happens to be my daughters brother!"

"Severus, you care about the boy. I know you do. Anyway, I came to talk about the Sirius situation."

"What about that fool?" I said coldly.

"He's your daughters godfather." I swear I didn't hear that right. No. No way.

"What? You can't be serious. There's no way on earth that my daughter will be associated with that dog!" I shouted.

"Severus, calm down. It can't be changed, I'm sorry. I've also been notified by the ministry that Black has escaped from Azkaban to finish what he started..." He looked like he was upset... The twinkle had faded.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him.

"He wants to kill the remaining Potters." He looked at me in an apologetic way.

"But what does this have to do with Daisy?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Her legal last name, which is on her birth certificate... is Potter." he struggled to say that.

"But nobody is going to know that? Everyone knows her as being a Snape."

"There are many ways of telling that she is related to Harry. By her eyes, Lily's eyes. By her scar, it's the same as Harry's. I have an idea of what her boggart might be... It will give her identity away to Remus instantly."

"What might her boggart be?" How did he know those things?

"It might be Lily... It might be her adoptive family...only time will tell." He sighed. "You need to tell her about Sirius, Severus." He looked at me, he was serious.

"So I'm meant to tell Daisy that someone is out to murder her? That will be a nice conversation." I said sarcastically.

"It has to be done. Goodnight, Severus." He looked at me and smiled before he left.

"Goodnight, Albus." I sighed. I really needed to sort my life out, before its too late. I will protect Daisy and I will apologise...as soon as I can.

__________________

Oh I really love writing in Severus' Point of view.

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter...it's probably my favourite so far...

Have a good day/night wherever you live.

Chloe🐍