Chapter 16

"Hel? Helena?"

I slowly opened my eyes and woke up conscious to Lindsey's worried expression. "You're alive!" She exclaimed and hugged me.

I coughed and sat up. I was in my tent. I could see that it was already morning. "Was I having a dream?" I asked.

"No, Hel. You really almost drowned." She smiled. "I stayed in your tent all night after you were saved."

"Thanks, Lindsey. But all I can remember from last night is... that I was suffocating. Everything was ablur and then an octopus... saved me." I told her, rubbing my head.

Lindsey burst out laughing. "Sure, octopus. Were you on crack last night? Is that why you decided to swim at midnight when the waves are most violent?"

"What? No! I just needed a dip, that's all. I was stupid." I said.

"Oh and that octopus..." She trailed off and bit her lip.

"It couldn't have been an octopus... could it?" I questioned. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

"Yeah sure, it really was an octopus." She answered sarcastically. 

"Forgive me." I laughed. "I'm still a little dazed."

"So... any idea who it was?" She raised an eyebrow.

"All I can remember is that it pulled me out of the water and brought me to shore. It helped me breathe again. It blew life back into me. It was wonderful." I told her. "The only one strong and nice enough to do that... hmm... I'll say it was... Zayn?"

Lindsey laughed again, this time rolling with excitement.

"Seriously, Lindsey. Stop. You're giving me a headache." I said. "Who was it?"

"It was the one and only Harry Styles." She said, controlling her laughter. "There."

WHAT? I didn't know what to feel. I absolutely hate him but I was also extremely thankful. Why couldn't it have been someone else who saved me? I'd rather it be an octopus than him. I'm not being ungrateful or anything but I just didn't want to have to thank him.

"Hel? You okay?" Lindsey asked, waving her hand at my face.

"Why?!" Was all I could say.

"I don't know why, ask him. You should be grateful he even jumped in the wild water." She said.

"Yeah but... what? I... " I grumbled.

"You should've seen the way he carried you with those muscles... good god." She said and fanned herself with her hand. "And he kissed you."

"Stop Lindsey!" I said. "And what? He wasn't kissing me, it's called CPR."

"But it did look like you two were making out." She winked.

"Shut up." I said and laid back down on my sleeping bag.

I shut my eyes. I tried to comprehend everything.

And everything started making sense. The scene from last night played again in my head, this time with better, clearer visuals. I saw Harry in it.

In such a dire situation, a situation involving life and death, someone you just cannot stand comes along and makes everything okay. Takes you to the place you want to be. Sends you back to your normal condition. Simply, ever so quickly pulls you out of what you thought would be a never-ending misery. That person becomes your saviour.

Whether you like it or not.

How are you supposed to feel about that person?

"Someone's awake." Niall and Louis peeked in the tent.

"How are you feeling?" Niall asked.

"A lot better, fortunately." I replied.

"You're alive!" Josh and Zayn opened the closing of the tent. The sun shone right in my eyes and I shielded them with my hands. "Yes, I am." I said.

"Hel! We were dead worried about you!" Polly said as she entered the tent.

"I'm fine now." I told them.

"I'm going to call your parents to tell them about what happened." Lindsey said and pulled out her phone. I quickly snatched it out of her hands.

"No, Lindz! Doing that will be real death. They'll get really worried and they'll go on about how they're always right. They'll never let me go on a trip again!" I said.

"Yeha you're right. You're fine anyway."

"Come on, let's get some breakfast. Try to forget last night." Zayn said, helping me get up.

As I got out of the tent, I saw Harry getting out of one too. Polly's one. He walked out of Polly's pink tent with hair as messy as a mop. What was he doing in there?