Chapter 5

"Uhuh. No." I shot them a death stare.

"Come on, Helena." Liam grabbed my arm and sat me back down when I stood up.

"This is ridiculous." I scoffed. "I'm not kissing him."

"Fine, Helena loses because she's too scared to kiss a boy." Louis grinned.

"Yeah, she probably still thinks boys have cooties." Harry laughed.

"I'm not scared. Just disgusted."

"Hm. Disgusted by my cooties?" All three of them laughed their heads off.

I just couldn't stand their immaturity. At that moment, I felt that the only way to deal with people like them is to fight fire with fire. And without thinking straight, I bent over, pulled Harry towards me by the neck and kissed him before quickly pulling away.

"Done."

Louis, Liam and Harry looked at me, their eyes wider than ever. It was obvious that they didn't expect me to really do it.

"Well done." Louis smirked, slowly clapping his hands. Harry remained silent and he looked as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Helena wins." Liam added.

Soon after, I began to regret it. His brother was my boyfriend. It totally slipped out of my mind. What the hell was I thinking? It was only a stupid dare. Why did I give into them?

"I... uh... have to go now." I stammered. I grabbed my keys out of Harry's hands before heading out the door.

I'm such a terrible person, I thought when I got in my car. But I wasn't thinking straight. I just couldn't stand them so I just wanted to prove them wrong. Just think of it as a game. It was a game. It was a dare. That was it. Nothing more.

"Helena?" I heard my father's voice when I arrived home.

I threw my keys on the couch and ran to him. "Dad!" I hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

"He's moving back in." My mother said as she came out of the kitchen with a plate of chocolate cake.

"Yes I am. Your mother and I have worked things out. I'm coming home, honey." He kissed me on my cheek.

"Oh my god, guys. You don't know how happy I am." I smiled. "I'm so glad you're back on good terms again."

"And we want to apologize for giving you unecessary stress these past few weeks." My mother handed me the plate of chocolate cake. "So I made your favourite treat. Dark chocolate peanut butter fudge cake."

"You're the sweetest." I took the plate from her and gave her a hug.

"Helena, I know you have a new boy in your life. Don't deny it. I know it when someone's in love." My father raised an eyebrow.

"Oh... well, he's very sweet."

"I knew it! I'd like to see this boy."

"Oh yes, he's playing at the music festival tomorrow. You can see him then."

"Great! I'm off work tomorrow. He's in a band?"

"I'm not so fond of bands." My mother added.

"Yes but he's not one of those stereotypical rock band guys. He's shy and very caring."

"I used to be in a band when I was in school." My father chuckled. "And your mother went head over heels for me then."

"You never told  me she fell for you because you were in a band!" I grinned. "Really, Mum?"

"I didn't know he was in a band." She muttered.

"Yes you did. You found my rockstar physique very sexually appealing." My father smirked. He is such a joker.

While they were bickering, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and expected a text from Daniel but it was from an unknown number.

I opened the message and it read;

'Thank you for the lovely kiss.'

It was Harry. How did that imp get my number? Surprised at the text, I quietly gasped, diverting the attention of my parents to me.

"What is it, Hel?" My mother asked. "Who's it from?"

_______________________________