Chapter 23

My knuckles thumped against the wooden entrance door. I anxiously waited for someone to answer. I knew it would be Harry, since his mother's car wasn't there and Daniel told me he'd be out buying some notebooks.

Sounds of metal locks clinking against each other could be heard before the door was opened inwards. "Well look who's here." Harry crossed his arms. "Come on in."

"You and I have things to sort out." I stormed into the house.

"What kind of things?" He asked as he closed the door.

"Oh Harry, stop acting so innocent. I know what you're up to." I asserted, putting my hands on my waist.

"Enlighten me, love." He walked closer to me and slipped his hands into his pockets.

"You're mad at Daniel. You're angry because you didn't want to move here but had to because of him. You're trying to steal me away from him." I told him.

Harry let out a laugh as his hand escaped his pocket and travelled up to my cheek. His fingers softly swirled around my cheek before gradually moving over to my lips. "Why do you think I'd do that?" His voice was low, it was hardly a whisper. His thumb slowly swiped across my bottom lip.

I couldn't move away from him eventhough I wanted to. I was frozen. He had some sort of charm over me.

"I-It's obvious." I muttered.

He leaned in closer. "No." He breathed, his face was only millimeters away from mine. His lips almost touched mine before they were slowly dragged across my cheek and rested near my ear. "I just like you a lot." He whispered, I could feel his warm breath against me. My heart raced, my pulse rapidly increasing.

He pushed a few strands of my dark hair behind my ear. I shut my eyes as he bit on my earlobe. An unfamiliar form of electricity bolted through me. My hands started to sweat.

His pink lips left my ear and moved across my neck until they found a spot to rest at. His warm hand was placed on my waist, tugging me close. I let out a small whimper. Why wasn't I pushing him away?

He planted a long, wet kiss on my neck. My fingers twitched. My eyes were still shut, as I still stood frozen. I couldn't believe what was happening. The smell of his hazel curls saluted my nostrils. I took in the scent before he finally pulled away.

I was left disgusted, confused and completely mesmerized. The same cycle of thoughts from before repeated. I was guilty for letting Harry do this to me. What's worse is that I liked it. I wanted more.

Harry had become my guilty pleasure.

Someone rang the doorbell and Harry rushed to answer the door. I watched from afar as a red-head hugged him when he opened the door.

"Look what I brought!" Polly exclaimed as she pulled out some DVDs from her bag.

"Polly, what are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"What do you mean? We were going to have a movie night. Remember?" She said and skipped into the living room. Her eyebrows narrowed when she saw me.

"Hey Polly." I greeted in a shaky tone.

"Hello." She murmured and threw herself on the couch. It was obvious she still hadn't gotten over our little argument yesterday. "Is Daniel here?" She asked and looked around.

"No." Harry answered as he shut the entrance door. He ruffled his hair as he entered the living room. He looked frustrated.

"Oh. So it's just the two of you here." She concluded.

"Well I was jus-"

"Yes." Harry interrupted me. "Look I really don't remember this... movie date." He told her.

"Baby, we were talking about it yesterday." She said and wrapped her arms around his neck. She gave me a quick glare before locking lips with Harry.

I didn't know what was up with Polly but I didn't like it. She wasn't the old Polly that I used to know anymore.

"I have to go now." I told them as I picked up my handbag and headed towards the door.

"You don't have to go." Harry uttered.

"No, I'm supposed to meet Daniel at a cafe. Have fun." I flashed a weak smile at them before closing the door behind me.

I sat in my car and rested my forehead on the steering wheel.

I went to Harry's house with the intention to confront him and stop him from doing anything worse to hurt Daniel. Instead, I ended up enjoying the his company... his embrace. I liked the things he said and did to me.

Ever since he kissed me in the tent, he's all I've been thinking about and I've been trying so hard to deny it. I kept telling myself that I hated him. I was in denial that somewhere deep inside,  something about him made my attraction for him grow everytime he smiled, talked and touched me.

I felt so ashamed for thinking about him all the time. After all, he's only playing around with me. He doesn't really like me. This whole thing is just his idea of a vendetta against Daniel. Why did I let him get to me like this?

Guilt and embarrassment flourished in a terrible way.