Chapter 36

People in black crowded about the grave. The drizzling rain and cold air created an insipid ambience. The whole situation seemed to reflect everybody's emotions.

Under a black umbrella that shielded them, Robert and Joanna Lilan cried in each other's embrace. Their daughter's death was so sudden that they still couldn't comprehend it.

Helena's demise triggered many tears, including those of her friends. Lindsey and Polly stayed close together while Zayn and Niall placed flowers upon her newly built grave.
They all grieved for their late friend.

But the person who was taking it the worst was none other than Harry. His heart was suddenly empty. Nothing could fill it again. Nothing could mend it. He needed Helena.

His eyes were exhausted from crying too much. In a black tux and a flower in hand, he miserably gazed at the grave of his dearest companion whom he wished he could've treated better.

Daniel was nowhere in sight. He left Gripleville and was drowning in his own guilt. He, too, wished he could've treated Helena better when she was still alive. He couldn't stop feeling responsible for the death.

THE END.

Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope you liked it as much as I liked writing it. But things need to come to an end, don't they?

Once again, thank you! And goodbye!

--

----

------

---------

--------------

-----------------

---------------------

APRIL FOOLZ!!! Hahahaha! I know, I know. I'm mean. I just couldn't help pulling a good April Fool's prank on my lovely readers. Muahaha. Sorry to those who fell for it. I'll make it up to you by giving you a brand new chapter! :) Enjoy.

__________________

From absolute darkness, I was exposed to two small illuminant slits which gradually formed into a single sight of a bright light.

I'm dead, I thought. 

Struggling to adjust to the newfound luminance, my heavy eyes darted around. My blurry vision wasn't helping in identifying the place I was in. I realized that I could still feel my hands.
And my legs.

I wriggled them around a little as my fingers clutched onto the familiar material beneath them. I realized that I was slowly coming to my senses again when I started hearing faint voices in the distance.

My vision slowly became clearer. I looked down at myself to see if I was still in one piece. I was under a warm blanket. I was on a bed. Oh, maybe I'm not dead after all, I thought.

 The strong scent of sanitizers seethed into my blocked nostrils. I was in a hospital. I absolutely hated hospitals. It felt uncomfortable in the upper part of my nose. I soon realized that a thin, transparent pipe was in it.

I pulled my arm out of the blanket to see another pipe taped along it. I brought my arm closer to my eyes to get a better view of it. I gasped. A needle was in me. It was attached to the pipe. I began to hyperventilate at the thought that something sharp and foreign had been pushed into my flesh.

 I found myself struggling to get off the hospital bed, panting. I kicked the blanket off the bed and attempted to get my feet on the floor when a tall man in a white coat suddenly burst in. He rushed over to me and pushed my shoulders down.