Chapter 44

"Thank god!" I exclaimed, my fingernails almost digging into my cheeks.

Harry slammed the taxi door shut before making his way to me. I'd never been so relieved. Daniel and my father had stopped fighting physically but they kept spewing unintelligible things at each other whilst I stood by. Men are so vulgar.

"Harry, please do something! Daniel hit my father!" I explained as Harry rested a hand on the nape of my neck, which surprisingly relaxed me. He listened intently.

"Don't worry, Helena. I'll try to sort this out." He assured and took a deep breath before heading to the warzone.

His hazel-coloured ringlets were messed about by the playful wind. "Hi, sir." He greeted my father amidst the loud insults, patting him on the shoulder.

My father's reflexes were quick, as he turned with clenched fists ready to create a dent in someone's face. "It's only me, sir." Harry held up his open hands, showing vulnerability.

"Your brother is a brute!" My father complained, pointing his pudgy fingers at Daniel who looked on with narrowed eyebrows.

"I understand." He replied. "I'm incredibly sorry for what he did. He has a drinking problem and my mum and I are doing our best to help him get rid of it."

"Shut the hell up!" Daniel spat, striding towards them.

"I am this close to calling the police." My father emphasised on the small gap between his index finger and thumb.

"Sir, I apologise profusely on behalf of my reckless brother. But I hope you really won't call the police. I'll just take him home now and my mum will hopefully give him what he deserves for his indelible actions." Harry spoke like an adult, which differed vastly to the real him. It was funny. I couldn't believe I was almost going to laugh at a time like this.

Daniel's dilated, bloodshot eyes watched Harry with fire before he harshly nudged him in the arm. "You rotten imp, you're making me into a villain!"

Harry towered over Daniel although he was younger, and his build was larger than Daniel's somewhat skinny frame but he didn't bother to respond to his brother's actions. Harry was being... mature.

"And you better not look, hold on, don't even breathe near my daughter again or I swear I will turn this into a legal case!" My father threatened Daniel, still pointing his beefy index finger at him. "You too, Helena. You better not see him again!"

"I won't, because we're not dating!" I told him, crossing my arms.

"It's true, sir. She's not dating him." Harry added. "I can assure you."

"Then why the hell were you kissing right outside my house?" My father yelled.

Harry and my father turned their heads at me and stared me down for a logical explanation. "He kissed me! He forced his lips on mine!" I sighed.

"Yes... I did." Daniel's small voice intervened. Their heads turned to him this time. Daniel had calmed down a little and his heavy eyes were having a hard time keeping open. It was only a matter of seconds before he suddenly fell to the damp grass below.

"Suppose I win." My father said in a boastful tone. I presumed he'd lost an ounce of maturity in the fight.

____________________________

Zayn's POV

Faint whimpers diffused out of the girls' bathroom. The pool party had only started and someone's already broken down into tears and I assumed it was probably because she got thrown a subtle insult concerning her body image.