Chapter 10

Harry's POV

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Neither you or Daniel will play music again. That's final." My mum avowed, crossing her arms. "Do you know how much freedom I've given you? You have taken it for granted and ruined your reputations! My reputation! We need to make a good impression here."

Daniel quietly stood by me, nodding his head in agreement. Unlike me, he has never talked back to our mother. But come on, you can't always keep your head down and agree to whatever decision people make for you.

But I guess that's why Daniel was my mum's favourite. She wants people to bow down to her and do everything she tells them to do. And I know that's the reason why her co-workers hate her.

But in this case, she was being absolutely unfair. I was helping out at school! Well, I had to. But still, I wasn't the one getting drunk and prancing about like a bull suffering from a spasm on stage. Heck, I didn't even do anything bad that night.

"Mum, I wasn't drunk. I didn't drink at all! I was helping out at school before I got to the festival." I argued.

"Mum, Harry's telling the truth -" Daniel added.

"I don't want to hear anything else from either of you. I knew music was a bad idea. Daniel, get your things packed, we're leaving in an hour." She said.

Daniel nodded and ran upstairs to his room. Thanks for the back-up, Dan.

"You're so unfair. I don't even want to live here anymore. You never listen! You never think about what I want. It's always Daniel!" I raised my voice unintentionally.

"Don't you use that tone with me, Harry Edward Styles. Do you know how much I've sacrificed for you? How many extra hours I've had to work to keep a roof over your head?"

"That's because you divorced dad. He was great at his work and had more money than we needed."

"Don't you bring that up, Harry. What's done is done and I don't expect you to understand our problems but I'm trying my best to give you the best."

"You know what would be best? If you let me stay with dad instead of you."

She shook her head and let out a sigh before grabbing her car keys and heading out the door.

"Tough luck, huh?" I turned to see Daniel with his bags. "Come on, let's get going. You'll get to see my college." He patted me on the back.

I pushed his hand away from me. "Thanks for nothing."

At that moment, I just knew I had to go full-out with my plan.

Helena's POV

"I'm sorry."

You'd probably think that it's me saying the 'sorry'. It should've been me.

Daniel was leaving for college and my heart was aching. I didn't even get to spend time with him properly. We were always being interrupted by something. But what's worse is my guilt.

Pretending that Harry was my boyfriend, lying to my parents... lying to Daniel.

Mary didn't know the way to the college so I had to lead them there with my car. I couldn't go with them in their car because it was filled with Daniel's luggages.
We arrived in about three and a half hours. It was a long drive since the college was on the outskirts of Gripleville.

"Don't say sorry, Danny." I told him. "You did nothing wrong."

Harry watched us from a distance as he helped carry a bag. He kept looking over and smiling at me. Creepy kid.

"Maybe it was a good thing that your dad didn't come. If he'd seen me drunk like that, I'd be slaughtered for dating you." Daniel said, intertwining our fingers.

"Oh... yeah." I gave him a weak smile. "Anyway, I'm going to miss you. A lot."

"Going to miss you too. Very badly." He pecked me on the lips.

I've always obsessed over fairytales so I have this theory that when you're in love, you should feel some sort of spark when you kiss your significant other. I don't mean to complain or anything but... I didn't feel any... firework. Where were the sparks? I loved Daniel. But why didn't I feel anything... special?

When he pulled away, I kissed him again. I needed to feel something.

But there was... nothing.

"Get a room. There are hundreds here." Harry said as he walked past us with a cardboard box.

"So I'll see you on the weekend?" I asked Daniel, ignoring Harry.

A large woman in basketball shorts was blowing her whistle, signalling the new students to gather around her.

"Definitely. I love you, Hel." We hugged one last time.

"Love you too. You better get going." I told him, and he jogged over to his luggages after flashing me one last smile. 

Now that Daniel's gone off to college, I was left with Harry. It was time to tell my parents that I'd 'broken up' with him and everything will be solved! I just hope they'll take it well. 

The holidays are going to be great. Lindsey is planning a short trip to a beautiful beach in Vixenham with some of the people in our class. I'm utterly excited about it.

_________________________________________

I waited until dinner to tell my parents about my 'break-up'. I knew they would be devastated but hey, how long am I supposed to keep it up? I decided to tell them about the less-saddening news first - my going on a trip to Vixenham.

"Hey guys..." I poked at my broccoli with a fork.

"What is it, dear?" My mother asked.

"Lindsey planned a trip for me and some other friends to go on a short trip for the holidays." I told them.

"That sounds nice. Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Vixenham's beach. We're going to set up some tents there an-"

"Vixenham?" My father exclaimed. "There is no way you're going to Vixenham."

I was crushed. That was the only thing I was looking forward to and they're not letting me go? How awfully unfair!

"Why, Dad? Please don't do this to me... come on." I whined.

"Vixenham is a very deserted place. Why on earth would you want to go there? A lot of strange things tend to happen there. Trust me, I've been to Vixenham a lot of times." He explained.

"Yeah, but I'm not going alone! There will be, like, seven of us." I told him.

"Listen to your father, Helena." My mother said.

"Please! I beg of you... I'll take care of myself..."

"Seven of you? We don't even know any of them. How are we supposed to let you go?" My father asked.

"But... ugh... I..." Then I was struck with an idea. "Harry's coming."

"He is?" 

"Yes! Then can I please go?" I begged. "I need you guys to tell me now. I have to confirm with Lindsey tonight."

My parents exchanged pondering glances at each other before finally coming to a conclusion. "Fine." My father sighed. "But you need to have your phone with you at all times and-"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed and hugged him before running up to my room.

Then slowly, I realised what I'd done. Oh crap.
Well, a few more days of pretending wouldn't hurt, would it?
Me and my big mouth.