Chapter 41

"But we haven't even rehearsed the song yet." Louis avowed, his forehead creased in frustration.

"But we have played it before." Liam shrugged.

"Yeah, with Daniel." Louis crossed his tanned arms. "We should do something simpler since he isn't here."

Harry picked up his new Gibson guitar as he revelled in his own thoughts. He licked his pudgy pink lips as his eyebrows contorted downwards. "We don't need him. We can do better." He disagreed.

They were supposed to be up on stage after one more gig and they still hadn't decided which song they were going to perform. As I helped guard their belongings backstage, I watched them argue. Niall and Zayn were seated quietly beside me as they marvelled at the band's terrible organisation.

"Really?" Louis scoffed. "It's just you, me and Liam. How are we supposed to do a Weezer song?"

"Harry, you should've let us know that Daniel wasn't going to be here." Liam added. "Who's going to be on the bass?"

"I don't mean to intrude but I'm quite the Hendrix on the guitar." Niall interfered in a quiet voice as he stood up. "And I know Beverly Hills by Weezer. So if you need someo-"

"Great!" Harry cut him off and patted him on the back. "Niall can play bass." He smiled.

Louis and Liam arched their eyebrows before exchanging pondering glances. "If you say so." Louis sighed. "Just try not to make us look too bad." He tilted his head to the side to get a glimpse of another band performing on the stage.

Zayn looked a little left out. He fumbled with the wires coming out of the broken microphone that he was holding. "Zayn," I called. "Have you got anything musical in you?" I asked, citing the time I heard him sing in the choir room at school.

He bit his lower lip as he thought to himself. "Uh... no."

"Zayn can sing." I ignored his answer and lightly pulled the hem of Harry's t-shirt.

"Helena!" Zayn groaned through his grit teeth.

"Is that right, Zayn?" Harry chuckled. "You can sing alongside me if you want."

"Woah, Harry, I think you should stop adding more of your 'new friends' in our band if you don't want us to look like a big joke up there." Louis quietly asserted to Harry, his hands all jerky. He looked stressed.

"Calm down, Louis." Harry placed a hand on his shoulder, attempting to get him to relax. "The only thing that's going to make us look bad up there is if we're too uptight. We're going to be great."

Louis shut his eyes and took a deep breath before turning to Zayn. "Do you know the lyrics to Beverly Hills?"

"Yeah, I do. But I don't think I-"

"We could use another singer." Louis interrupted and handed a working microphone to Zayn. "Try singing."

As Zayn worked on his vocals, Mr Jonah entered through the flowy, red curtains; but he wasn't alone. He had a woman who looked younger than him on his arm. Slightly resembling that of a lion, she had lustrous, tousled locks of dirty-blonde hair that bounced with her every step. Her red dress which could easily camouflage in the curtains hugged her body tight, outlining her curvy and somewhat busty physique.

Harry's face suddenly lost its emotions as he watched his father stride over to us with the woman. "You all look prepared!" Mr Jonah laughed in a gruffy tone as he pushed back a short, stray strand of his grey hair.

"Hopefully, Mr J." Liam replied, scratching his head.

"Harry, I see you've brought some new friends."