Chapter 2

"I see you've become friends already." Daniel smiled, amused by Harry and I bickering.

"Not really." I sighed.

"She's a lot of fun. Good choice, Dan." Harry patted his brother on the shoulder and strolled out of the room.

"Sorry, my brother can be a real handful sometimes. But he's just joking around." Daniel intertwined our fingers.

"It's okay, I know that. A really cheeky brother you've got there." I smiled and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

I just hoped Harry wouldn't go to the same school as me. He was incredibly annoying and I don't know how I'd be able to stand him if he enrolled in my school. I cringed at the thought of having to see him everyday.

Mary wanted me to stay for lunch so we could all get to know each other better - to which I agreed. She seemed to like me quite a lot and I felt comfortable talking to her.

"So Helena, what do your parents do?" Mary asked as she poured gravy over the steak.

"My father is a businessman. My mother is a stay at home mum but she organizes her own book clubs and stuff." I answered. "Your home is very lovely, by the way."

"Thank y- Harry Styles! Get in here! Stop doing that!" Startled, she dropped the ladle and rushed outside to the garden.

Harry was lighting up a large firework piece in his mother's newly seeded soil in the garden. There was another kid about his age with him. After taking a closer look at him, I realized it was the blonde Irish boy from my class in school.

"Mum, come on! I need some soil to position this thing properly." Harry groaned.

"Not in my soil! Stop this nonsense and get in the house for lunch! Now!" Mary fumed.

"See you later, Niall." Harry waved goodbye to his new friend and dragged himself into the house.

"See what I meant by 'handful'?" Daniel laughed.

"Now let's have a nice and quiet lunch." Mary said. Harry seated himself beside me. "Sorry for the interruption, dear. Harry's into pyrotechnics." Mary told me.

"I like explosions." Harry whispered near my ear. I scooted my chair away from him.

"You know, Helena is always the top in her class for literature." Daniel mentioned.

"Really? How brilliant. You go to the town's school right?" Mary asked.

"Yes, but I'm not that brilliant." I humbly replied.

"Harry's going to that school too. He's starting on Monday. Right, Harry?" Mary said. Sigh, just great. Well, it was expected.

"Yeah, but I'm not as excited about it as you, Mum." Harry laughed, poking at his steak with a fork. Mary narrowed her eyebrows and faked a cough.

"Daniel, when are you starting your college here?" I questioned.

"Oh... um... I'm not... going to the Gripleville College." Daniel released the knife and fork from his hands and looked down.

"What do you mean? You enrolled, didn't you?"

"Yeah but he didn't get in because he's too dumb." Harry chuckled.

"Keep quiet, Harry." Mary intruded. "It's just that Daniel needs to be a little bit more qualified. That's it."

"Then which college are you going to?" I asked, slightly heartbroken.

"There's another college just outside of town. I got accepted there." Daniel answered.

"But that's... so far away." I told him.

"I know. That's why I have to stay at the dorm. But I still have a week before I go. And I want to spend it with you." He explained, resting his warm hand on mine.

I was disappointed that Daniel didn't get into the Gripleville college. I wanted to be closer to him, that's why I wanted him to move here. But now that he's leaving in a week, my expectations were drained. But of course, I'll be a fully supportive girlfriend whatever decision he makes. On the bright side, we were closer now than before.

__________________________________

"So is there anything fun to do in Groping-ville?" Harry joked as the three of us sat in the living room the next day.

I thought I would hang out with Daniel at his house since my best friend, Lindsey, ditched me to go to dance practice for a routine she's doing at the Annual Gripleville Music Festival. It's my favourite time of the year because Gripleville's usually very dull and the music festival is the only thing I can look forward to. I'm really into indie music and my favourite indie band is coming to town to perform!

"You're a pervert, Harry." I told him, shaking my head.

"I'll be right back, guys. Gotta answer this call." Daniel left the living room with his phone.

"Well, it's something you'll have to get used to since we'll be spending a lot of time together." Harry replied and moved closer to me on the couch.

"Um, no, we definitely won't."

Daniel returned to the living room with a big grin. "Guess what, Harry? I applied to perform at Gripleville's Music Festival on their website last night, right? They want our band to perform!"

"That's sick! When's the festival?" Harry excitedly got off the couch.

"Next week. But that's when I'll be starting college. I hope I can make time for it."

"We've got to get rehearsing then. Our first big gig!" Harry exclaimed.

"Harry's in the band?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's the lead singer. I thought I told you." Daniel answered.

"Yeah, and when I sing, ovaries tend to explode." Harry smirked. "Better watch out." His head's the only thing that's going to explode with all that vanity.

"We've got to get the band mates here then."

Daniel and I went on our first real date the day before. I found that he's very sweet and soft spoken. He's definitely a gentleman. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant and watched a movie afterwards. Then we shared our very first kiss. But... it wasn't really as magical as I thought it would be. But it was alright. If you really like that person, the little things shouldn't really matter.

The next day, when I arrived at school, I saw swarms of girls in the canteen. They were all crowded around a table. I pushed through the hormonal crowds of teenage girls to see what the big fuss was about.

And I saw... Harry. Singing. He was the centre of everyone's attention.

______________________________________________________

March 2013 - I'm not so satisfied with the first few chapters of this story... I don't know. What do you think? I'll try editing...