Chapter 12

"Hey, girls." Harry greeted the three of us. "Mind if we join you?"

"We're actually having a girl's day out." I quickly told him.

"Why not?" Polly said intrusively and scooted over to another chair.

It was in Polly's nature to be a little boy-crazy and everyone who was her friend knew that, but I just wished that she would know when it was the right time to get her flirt-mode on. I hated it when she did it at the most innapropriate times.

The four boys joined Polly, Lindsey and I at our table in the corner of the cafe. They pulled in more chairs to the table.

"Well? Aren't you going to introduce us?" Louis asked me as we all looked at each other awkwardly. 

"Right. Uh... you guys know Lindsey. This is Polly." I said. "Polly, this is Louis, Niall, Liam and Harry." I pointed at them.

"Nice to meet you." Polly said and shook their hands with a wide grin. "And you must be Helena's fake boyfriend." She chuckled when she shook Harry's hand.

"What?" Niall, Liam and Louis exclaimed at the same time.

"Oops. Sorry, Hel. It slipped." Polly apologized as I slapped my forehead in distress.

"What are we missing here, 'Arry?" Niall asked.

"Well, I promised Helena I wouldn't say anything so I didn't tell you guys this." Harry replied.

"But you guys can't say anything about this to anyone! It stays here, okay?" I told them.

"Yes, yes. We promise. Now tell us!" Liam demanded.

"Well, it started on the day of the music festival..." Harry begun. I wanted to close my ears.

More people know about me and Harry now and I only pray that it won't get to Daniel.

"Wait. About the trip, how did you know about it?" I asked Harry.

"Well, your parents called me last night to tell me to take care of you." He chuckled. My parents are embarrassing!

"And you don't have to worry, because I will." He winked at me.

"Please, Styles, remind yourself that we're not really dating. I can take care of myself." I told him.

"Feisty Helly strikes again." Louis joked. "And speaking of the trip, I can't wait to go!"

"Woah... wait. You guys are coming along too?" I questioned.

"Well, those seven other people I told you about... it's them." Lindsey answered. "Plus Zayn, Josh and Polly."

"What's the problem, Hel? Scared we're tagging along?" Louis pouted his lower lip.

"But how did you even-"

"I met them at the Music Festival and got along really well... so I decided to invite them." Lindsey explained, shrugging.

"Fine. But one thing, Louis, and this applies to all four of you. Don't call me Hel. It's reserved for close friends."

"Sure thing, Hel." Niall said and smiled. All of them burst out laughing. I hate my life.

_______________________________

I got back home with a headache that was drilling deep into my brain. My life never gets less-stressful. I'd been so occupied with cleaning up after my lies that I hadn't even talked to Daniel since the day he left.

"Hel, have you packed in the torch light?" My mum asked as I went up the stairs.

"I will, mum." I replied.

"And the sanitary pads?"

"Mum!" I groaned.

I turned my webcam on and logged into Skype on my laptop when I got to my room. I locked the bedroom door and put on my headphones.

I flexed into different sleeping positions as I waited for Daniel to come online. I waited for that cartoon-beep.

Then there it was. My heart jumped when the circle beside his name turned green. I was so excited to talk to him.

"Hey Danny." I giggled when I saw his face.

"Hey, beautiful! Just like old times, huh?" He grinned.

"Yeah. I can't believe I actually fell in love with a guy in a square box." I joked. "How's college treating you so far?"

"Pretty good. Food's quite good. Made some new friends. How's things in Gripleville?"

Really twisted and you would never talk to me again if you found out. But I just went with a simple, "Everything's fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. I miss you, Danny."

"Miss you too. You know, when we started chatting online, I remember asking myself multiple times if you were real. You were too good to be true and even thought that someone else might be posing as you."

"Well, you've seen me and held me. So there's your proof." I smiled. "I can't wait to see you on the weekends."

He kept looking over his computer screen and saying, "I'll be there in a minute" to someone. 

"Daniel, do you have somewhere to go?" I asked.

"Actually, yes. A frat party." He shrugged.

"You should go." I told him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... it's a good chance to mix with the students."

I actually didn't want him to go. I wanted to talk to him more. But I was selfless and let him go. I knew he wanted to. And that was how our Skype conversation ended.

I'm not very good at being alone. I'm better off with company... of any sort. Be it a cat, a dog or even a bird. The main reason is because I get bored easily. I need someone to keep me entertained.

I threw myself on my bed and scrolled through my phone's contact list. I'd already talked to Lindsey for a long time today and I wasn't very fond of how Polly acted so I scrolled through the list more. But something made me stop when I got to Harry's name.

He's entertaining and would say the weirdest things. It wouldn't hurt spiking up a harmless conversation with him...