Chapter 13

"Torch light?"

"Got them."

"Extra clothes?"

"Yes."

"Sun lotion?"

"Yes, Mum."

"What about those sweaters I knitted for you?"

"For the thousandth time, I've packed everything! Thanks, Mum." I sighed.

"Give me a hug." My mum said as she spread out her arms.

I hugged her and said my final goodbye to her and my dad before running outside to Lindsey's minivan. My parents were finally allowing me to go on a trip... alone! Without them! If you knew them personally, you would know that it's a huge shocker.

"Bye Mr and Mrs Patcher! I'll take good care of Helena!" Lindsey rolled down the window and waved at my parents from the driver's seat.

I quickly threw my small luggage in the back-boot and got in the van. I saw four boys fast asleep in the back. Harry, Louis, Liam and Niall were snoozing their butts off. I rolled my eyes.

"This is so exciting!" Polly exclaimed, turning back to look at me. She sat beside Lindsey in the front passenger seat.

"I know right! I still can't believe they let me go!" I said, smiling at her.

"Because of a special someone." Lindsey teased as she started driving. "You really owe him, Hel."

"Meh." I grumbled.

"Doesn't he look just adorable asleep?" Polly whispered.

I scrunched my nose and shook my head.

"Polly's developed a massive crush on him." Lindsey said.

"Shut up, they'll hear." Polly told her.

"So it's true?" I asked.

"Kind of." She bit her lip. "We get on really well. But I hope you don't think that's weird since you're fake-dating him and stuff." She said quietly.

"Uh no. What? Of course not." I shook my head. "That's the thing - fake dating."

"Awesome!" She squealed.

I wouldn't mind if Polly dates Harry after I 'fake break up' with him. I shouldn't mind. After all, I never really liked him. Why should I mind?

"Our next stop is Zayn's house. Him and Josh are waiting for us." Lindsey told us.

I've never really talked to Zayn before. He's quiet and collected. He moved to our school just a six months ago. Josh is a senior in his last year of high school and is also Lindsey's boyfriend.

I've hung out with Lindsey and Josh and all I can say is that I don't like him. There's something about him that repels me from him. His blonde mohawk and tattoos gets him all the girls' attention but nothing makes them go wild like Zayn.

With his dark quiff and cheekbones complete with an olive skin tone, he is best known for his bad boy reputation. Girls drool over him - almost literally... until Harry came along. The school's been buzzing about him and not Zayn ever since.

Of course Zayn's got a little green monster in him like everyone else. Envy took over and he got into a fight with Harry. But from what I've heard, they're on good terms now but aren't friends.

We arrived at Zayn's house in a few minutes. I was surprised to know that his house was so near to mine.

Josh and him were sitting on the front porch with their bags. They jogged over to the van.

"Hey, boys." Lindsey greeted.

"Hey baby." Josh leaned over to plant a kiss on Lindsey's lips. Zayn pretended to puke and got into the van. I moved to the right to give them sitting space.

"Hey." Zayn smiled at me.

"Hi. I'm Helena." I said, surprised he was talking to me.

"I know. I'm Zayn."

"I know." I laughed.

"Yo, Helena." Josh said as he jumped into the van.

"Hello, Josh." I said.

"Did all of you girls bring your bikinis?" He asked. A tad bit innapropriate, don't you think?

Despite all the noise, I was surprised to see that Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall were still fast asleep. Boys.

Since it was really early in the morning, everyone was a little dazed and sleepy. Polly and Zayn dozed off after the boys while Lindsey and Josh exchanged lovey-dovey remarks.

I thought I'd take a short nap as well as the drive was going to be a long one. I dug into my backpack to find my iPod. I can always sleep better with music.

As my fingers moved around to sense something hard and rectangular, I found my dad's shaving cream instead. My mum must have mistakenly put it in. Oh, mum.

Then I was struck with an idea. I grinned to myself and bent over to the back. I sprayed the cream in Harry and Louis' hands but it had run out by the time I got to Niall. So I let him and Liam escape my sinister prank.

Then I tickled them both on their faces. Half awake and half asleep, they scratched and rubbed their faces with their hands and fell right back into deep sleep. I chuckled to myself as I looked at their cream smothered faces.