Chapter 4

"I'm a little nervous, though." Daniel smiled at me shyly, revealing his charming set of pearls.

Harry sipped from his water bottle before placing it on the table. "Are you purposely trying to get me to throw up?"

 "Shut up." Daniel spat.

"Harry's just jealous." I shrugged. "Now let's see you rock, Danny."

"Yeah, Danny, let's rock." Harry imitated my voice and held onto the microphone stand, smirking.

We were only a day away from the Gripleville Music Festival and I still hadn't seen Daniel and Harry's band play. Mainly because I've been in school and have been burdened with tons of homework since the holidays are starting next week or whenever I see Daniel, one of the band members are always missing.

Daniel arranged tickets for them to come to Gripleville and they arrived two days ago. The drummer's name is Liam and the keyboard player is called Louis. They're quite decent compared to Harry.

Speaking of Harry, he still hadn't stopped pestering me in school. Because of him, a once timid and quiet Niall has gathered up the courage to rebel against the teachers by talking back to them and calling them names upfront.

Him and Niall have become the best of friends, finding mischief and wreaking havoc together.

Niall called me 'booty babe' a few days ago. I don't even know what it meant but both him and Harry were chuckling their guts out behind me and I immediately scolded Niall.

He stopped bothering me after that.

Harry was already well-known throughout the whole school and everyone (except the teachers) adored him, eventhough it has only been his first week.

Girls swooned over him. Even some boys. I didn't get that. He was a little imp.
Zayn and him exhanged sorry's after the big fight but they keep a distance from each other.

 "One two three, go!" Liam started beating on the drums.

It took me a few moments to realize they were doing a cover of Use Somebody by Kings of Leon.

After a few seconds of drums and the electro strumming of Daniel's guitar, Harry's voice slipped in. I hate to admit it, but he was actually pretty good.

They only did a snippet of the song because apparently Harry had to 'rest his voice' for the big gig tomorrow. What a big diva he was.

"That was beyond amazing!" I hugged Daniel.

"Why thank you." Harry smirked.

"Oh you were okay I guess. But Daniel was just spectacular."

"It's only a snippet, Helena." Daniel said, placing his guitar down and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"But I loved it." I poked the tip of his nose. I could hear Harry making puking sounds behind us. I didn't care.

"Hey, I want to make you dinner tonight. Will you stay?" Daniel asked, ignoring his brother.

"Yeah, Helena... have dinner with us." Liam intruded. "Oh wait... you mean just the two of you?"

Daniel laughed. "I'll make dinner for all of us."

"Great." Louis hung his arm around Harry. "Harry and I would like seafood spaghetti topped with melted parmesan and sour cream sauce plus some roasted barbeque chicken and some chocolate fudge brownie as the appetizer to complete the meal. Can you handle that, Danneh?" Him and Harry shared a high five and laughed.

"Sure, Daniel can do that. And you can wash the dishes and take out the trash when we're all done." I interfered.

I didn't like how they sort of bullied Daniel just because he was a nice guy. They wouldn't say that to Harry. But Daniel says they're the best of friends so they tease each other all the time. Maybe I'm just being too over protective.

"Ooh. Feisty." Louis hissed.

__________________________

Daniel cooked up a rather delectable meal. I didn't know he could cook so well. We all feasted on his special lemon-barbeque chicken and cheesey mashed potatoes.Their mother had to work a night shift at the hospital so she couldn't make dinner.

"How about a little game of truth or dare?" Louis suggested after dinner. "We have nothing else to do since Helena says the drinking age here is 21."

"Really, Lou? How old are we, ten?" Liam threw himself on the couch.

"Hey, hey. It could be fun." Harry stood up and straightened himself.

"Hey, I've got to file some college papers for orientation day next week." Daniel said, looking at his phone. "I kind of have to go now so I can't join."

"I think I better get going as well." I told them.

"Oh, Helena, stay! Come on!" Louis pleaded, pouting his lower lip.

"I can send you home before I go, Hel." Daniel told me.

"No, it's okay, I've got my car here remember?" I smiled. "See you tomorrow." I planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"Alright, baby." Daniel quickly grabbed his coat and made his way outside.

"Where are my car keys?" I asked as Daniel shut the door behind him.

"It's with Louis." Liam pointed at Louis.

"No, it isn't, it's with Harry." Louis responded.

"Are these your car keys?" Harry pulled my keys out of his pocket and shook it around. Their immense immaturity was really getting on my nerves.

I tried to snatch it out of his hand but he lifted it really high up into the air and it was out of my reach. Why did he have to be so tall?

"Styles, give it back. Now." I commanded.

"Only if you stay for the game." He told me, grinning.

"Damn you." I sat down on the carpet and crossed my arms.

"Hooray!" Louis gulped down some Pepsi until the bottle was empty and placed it on the ground.

We all formed a tiny circle on the carpet and Harry kept my keys in his pocket. "Who starts?" Liam asked.

"I thought you said this was for ten year olds." Louis nudged him.

"You guys are all ten inside." I told them.

"Here we go..." Liam spun the bottle. It pointed towards Harry when it stopped.

"Truth or dare, Haz?" Louis asked.

"Truth. Because I always go with dare."

"Alright... when was the saddest moment of your life?" Liam asked. "Complete honesty, please."

"That... is the most boring question." Louis shook his head and covered his mouth with his hands, pretending to yawn.

Harry's smile suddenly disappeared and he looked at the ground. "When I found out that my parents' divorce was finalised."

"Oh... wow... we had no idea." Liam said. "When was that?"

"Four days ago." He replied with a sigh.

Louis patted his friend on the back. "Let's try to avoid questions like this, huh, Liam?" He raised an eyebrow at Liam.

That must've been hard for him. I got depressed when my dad just moved out of the house. Divorce frightens me.

"Moving on..." Louis spun the bottle. And it pointed to me.

"Troof or dawe?"

"I don't know... dare. Whatever."

"Dare!" Louis jumped up in excitement. "Hmm..." He rubbed the tip of his chin.

"Kiss Harry."

______________________________