Chapter 37

Daniel grinned devilishly at me as his face grew red. His usual quiff was shaped into a dark mohawk. He grabbed my arm and tightened his grip until he was hurting me. I cried out as I attempted to tug my arm away but he pulled me close to him and blew hot air against my face. I began to sweat as his breath became warmer with every blow. "Come." His voice sounded demonic. I shivered. I saw Polly when I looked over his unnaturally broad shoulder. She was carrying a baby in her skinny arms. Her face was wrinkly and her back was hunched. She almost looked like an old woman. The baby started to cry when Daniel's voice grew louder. "Helena, come with me." I looked closer at the baby and realized that he had the same exact face as Daniel, facial hair and all. "Let me go!" I cried out.

I found myself wrapped in Harry's strong arms when I awoke. My dazed head rested on his chest which consistently rose up and down. His bewitching green orbs were hidden beneath delicate eyelids. He was fast asleep. I smiled as I watched him.

When I first met him, I never thought I'd ever be so drawn to a snobby little imp eventhough I have kind of always found him ridiculously attractive. I hated him. I couldn't even stand being near him.

Look at me now. I was completely enamored with him. He was such a fascinating creature. I'd never once met anyone like him. I couldn't believe I used to think Harry was the villain. He'd been innocent all along.

My fingers travelled up to his jaw before tickling below it. His eyes slowly fluttered open. "What time is it? I'm hungry." He said in his morning voice which was huskier than usual.

"When are you not?" I chuckled.

_________________________________

Harry's POV

I closed the entrance door as softly as possible but my mother had already seen me. She stood in the living room with a raised brow. "Where have you been?" She questioned, crossing her arms.

"I was-"

"Slept over at Helena's hospital." Daniel interrupted, walking down the stairs. "Didn't you?"

"Is that true, Harry? Did you?" My mother asked.

"No, I was at Cody's." I lied. Daniel glared at me with fierce eyes. The bags underneath them were dark and puffy. I assumed he'd been crying.

"You didn't answer my calls or texts." My mother sighed. "I'm late for my shift. I was waiting for you to come back."

"Mum, stop worrying all the time. I'm fine." I assured.

She strolled over to me and ruffled my hair. "You need a haircut."

"No! I'm not cutting it." I protested.

"Why are you against everything I say?" She fussed. "Sometimes I wish you were more like Daniel." I scoffed at the misconception in her comment, making her fume even more. She didn't have clue about Polly's pregnancy... yet.

"Alright. I'm off." She said in a firm tone before heading out the door.

"Don't forget I'm going to dad's in two days!" I reminded her so she wouldn't change her mind about letting me go. It was so difficult to convince her.

Daniel and I were left in the living room when my mother left. The tension was nerve wracking as we stared each other down. "You..." Daniel began. "You're evil."

"I'm the evil one?" I laughed. "Whatever you say, McDanold's."

"What?"

''You know, because you've gotten Polly fat."