Chapter 3

Squeals and faint shrieks arose from the crowd of girls in the canteen. Harry was sitting on a table, serenading the sad souls. The blonde Irish boy, who was in literature class with me, strummed on his acoustic guitar.

The girls whispered into each other's ears as they devoured Harry's song. Their bodies swayed along to the tune. They were so synchronised they almost looked like robots.

Fine, I'll admit that he has quite a good voice but there was really nothing to drool over.

What really astounded me was the fact that my best friend, Lindsey, was one of the girls in the crowd under Harry's spell.

The alpha-male of our school, an olive skinned boy with somewhat sharp features sat on the other side of the canteen with his mates. He was Zayn, the king. He didn't seem too pleased with the attention Harry was getting. The school was his territory, his kingdom. He was usually the centre of attention.

With one last strum, the Irish boy finished off the song. The girls squealed, yipped and yowled. "Thank you, ladies." Harry blew fly kisses at the girls as he got off the table. He noticed my presence in the canteen and shot me a cocky smirk.

I pushed through the crowd and tugged Lindsey's arm. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Falling in love with someone other than my boyfriend. Problem?" She joked.

"That's Harry! The guy I told you about."

Lindsey stopped smiling. "Daniel's brother?"

"Yes! The annoying one."

"But he's so hot." She fanned herself with her hand.

"Lindsey!" I snapped at her.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But he doesn't seem as bad as you described."

"He's been annoying me the whole weekend. And what's weird is that he kind of flirts with me when Daniel's not around." I whispered.

"Did you tell Daniel?" She asked as we sat down at a table.

"No... he's really protective over his brother... and I just don't want anything to get between our relationship right now." I told her.

"You kind of like it... don't you?" She grinned at me and took a bite out of her apple.

"Shut up! I love Daniel."

"Doesn't mean you can't like the attention you're getting from Harry. If I didn't have a boyfriend, I would totally go for him." She smiled. I was left speechless by her bimbotic response.

The bell rang and the classes started. Unfortunately, I shared five classes with Harry. The first class was literature.

"Class, we have a new student here. I'd like you all to give Harry Styles a big, warm welcome. Harry, come over here." Mrs Whimsey called Harry in.

"Hello. I'm Harry." He smiled and waved.

"Hi, Harry." The class said in harmony.

"Take a seat, Harry."

Not next to me, not next to me. Don't. No! And there he was, choosing the desk right next to mine. I didn't know what he had up his sleeve but I didn't like it.

"Hello, classmate Helena." He smiled at me, positioning his bag under his seat. "You're looking beautiful today."

"Hello, Harry." I sighed, crossing my arms.

He pouted his lower lip. "Aw... why you so grumpy today?" He poked at my arm. "Didn't my little performance in the canteen lighten up your mood?"

"I'm grumpy because of it. Thanks a lot." I told him.

"Well, you're the only one. Everyone else loved it. Right, Niall?" He turned back to look at the blonde boy sitting behind him.

After sitting through forty-five minutes of literature class with the constant teasing of Harry, I was so relieved it was over. But I still had to share four more classes with him. God.

_____________________________________

When school was over, I decided to help out Mr George, my music teacher, with some posters for the Gripleville Music Festival when I heard a loud chanting of, 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'

I quickly ran outside to see what was going on. I saw people circling around Harry. And Zayn. They looked ferocious, the fire in their eyes extrusive.

Harry rolled up his sleeves. "Don't be a pussy." He bantered. 

"Is your face ready for my fist?" Zayn retorted and punched Harry right in the face. "I guess not."

Harry got back to him with a hard bash in the stomach and both of them fell to the ground, violently punching and slamming each other. Where were the teachers at a time like this? There was no one stopping them so I shouted, "Stop! Stop it!" But my voice couldn't be heard. "Someone do something!"

"Who do you think I am, you worthless piece of shit!" Zayn yelled when Harry got on top of him. He looked like he was ready to create a dent in his face.

That was when Daniel intruded and broke up the fight. I almost forgot that he said he would pick me up from school the day before.

"Stop it right now! You're not little children!" Daniel tugged Harry away from Zayn.

"Better teach that friend of yours some manners." Harry roared at Zayn's friends when they pulled Zayn away.

Harry was bleeding profusely from the nose while Zayn had bloody cuts on his face. I'd never seen a fight this violent.

"Piece of shit." Zayn scoffed before walking away with his friends.

"Nothing more to see here." Daniel announced and the other kids walked away. "Harry, it's your first day and you've already gotten into a fight? You're lucky none of the teachers saw this or you'll be suspended!"

"I don't need a stupid lecture right now." Harry wiped the blood off his nose.

"We'll continue this at home." Daniel shook his head. "Hey Helena... can you tell me how this started?"

"I don't know. I just ran out here when I heard the students chanting. Here." I handed Harry some tissue for his bloody nose.

Daniel dropped me off at my house before going back home with Harry. Apparently, the fight started when Zayn got annoyed at how Harry was getting all the attention from the girls, including his own girlfriend. Jealous Zayn then made an indirect insult at Harry by saying, "There's a new fag who just came out from the dumps and he's desperate to get laid."

But that sounded quite direct to me.

Harry's POV

"I'm not letting you play for White Eskimo at the Music Festival." My mum said with her hands on her waist.

I was going to burst. Explode! I've dealt with enough shit today. I wasn't even the one who started the fight. And what's worse is that I found out my parents' divorce had been finalised.

"I told you I didn't start the fight, Mum! That's so unfair!"

"Who gets into a fight on the first day of school? You must've done something to get him angry." She said.

"Why do you hate me so much? You never do this to Daniel." I argued. "In fact, we had to leave Dad so Daniel could be with his little girlfriend."

"That's not true! Dad was seeing other women, Harry. It was just convenient to move here. And this isn't even about Dad!" Daniel retorted.

"Atleast dad understood me. You just took me away from him. Nobody cares about what I want." I said.

Then I realized I had to go full out with my idea. 

__________________________________