Something A Bit Stronger

I watched as the sinner scrambled into the crowd, leaving me alone with Alastor. The Radio Demon chuckled, taking the abandoned seat. When he turned his attention back to me, he held out his hand to shake, "The name is Alastor, my dear. A pleasure to meet you."

"I suppose I should thank you," I replied, summoning my courage and shook his hand, "I'm (Y/N)."

Alastor seemed almost surprised that I didn't cower in fear of him. But he quickly recovered, his grin never faltering for a beat, "Do you come around here often?"

"Sometimes after a shit day at work," I chuckled, the words just spilling out, "Some people can fail at their job and all that is at stake is some extra paperwork. If I fail, then people die. And I failed today."

During my little rant, Alastor had waved over the bartender and wordlessly ordered two shots. Sliding one over to me, he said, "Then it sounds like you need something a bit stronger."

I gave him a sidelong look before accepting the drink. I raised it in a small salute before downing the smooth, warm liquor. It was liquid fire coated in honey. Alastor followed suit, then waved the bartender over for another round. 

This time when he held up his shot, he said, "To erasing shit days."

"To erasing shit days," I replied.