Far From Old Fashioned

Alastor was waiting for me as I walked out of the hospital, his town car ready to go. Smirking, I asked, "What? Come back for round two?"

My comment made Alastor's grin stretch even wider across his face. Holding open the car door for me, he replied, "And if I have, who could blame me?"

I chuckled softly to myself as I got in, Alastor following behind me. When the town car took off, its engine purring as we went on our way, I stretched lazily in the big back seat, "I had a surgery that lasted nearly the entire day. I didn't even get lunch."

A routine surgery that should have only lasted a few hours at most wound up having more complications than we anticipated. To make matters worse, one of the interns on my service screwed up the stitching, forcing me to have to go back and correct their mistake. Why I had agreed to work at a teaching hospital, I will never know.

"How about dinner then?" Alastor suggested, "I make a mean jambalaya."

"You're offering to make me dinner?" I said, a little surprised, "I figured an old-fashioned gentleman like yourself wouldn't even know how to turn on the stove."

"On the contrary, my dear," The Radio Demon's tone was teasing, "I may have been around the block a few times, but I am far from old-fashioned. I ensure you, I know how to use a stove."

"Then lead the way, good sir," I chuckled, "How can I say no to someone offering to cook me dinner?"