Shishkabob

There is a rush when you hear the incoming siren of an ambulance. Imagine the rush when there are multiple. There is a certain kind of organized chaos as we rush to save someone's life. It's like sky diving, but so much better. 

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, watching the flashing lights get closer. My heart was hammering in my chest at the sound of the siren.

"Turf war on the east side of the Pentagram." An intern replied, hopping up and down.

"Are you a doctor or a rabbit?" I sighed as the first ambulance pulled in, "We have patients coming in and if you want to scrub in, you need to act like a doctor."

There were four ambulances in total. The one I got to held one hell of a mess. As the EMT rattled off the poor sinner's condition, I stared at the creature on the gurney. He was impaled on a metal pole...as in skewered like a fucking shishkabob. 

"Get him into the OR, now." I ordered the interns that were following me. 

"How many more are coming in?" I turned to the bloodstained EMT as the interns left to do my bidding.

Wiping his hands on his pants, the EMT shrugged, "There were still three more on the scene."

"Fucking overlords get to have their fun," I swore, storming inside to scrub in for surgery, "And we get stuck cleaning up the mess."