Lo Mein

My days were spent between relaxing, catching up on reading, and physical therapy. Without patients or annoying interns to worry about, I tried to find ways to fill the time. Normally I was so caught up trying to fit everything I needed to do into twenty-four hours that most of my hobbies went to the wayside. Now all I had was time. 

I had no idea what Alastor did while he was out of the house. The only thing I could guess was some sort of Overlord business that went on in the more unsavory parts of the nine circles. But he would always check in every few hours to make sure I was doing fine and would come with me to my physical therapy appointments. 

One evening after we had settled into our routine, Alastor came home with his arms full of Chinese takeout. Just the smell of it was enough to make my mouth water. Gratefully accepting the standard white carton with red lettering, I dug into my lo mein. 

"I was thinking," Alastor said, opening his own takeout, "What do you think about going out to do something tomorrow after your therapy appointment? You've been cooped up in here for far too long."

I thought about it while I devoured the delicious noodles, eventually saying, "What do you have in mind?"

"A movie perhaps?"

A movie did sound like a good way to break up the routine while not leaving me feeling like a broken mess. I nodded in reply, making Alastor's grin widen.

"Excellent," He said, "It's a date."