Nothingness

We don't know what to expect when we die. Some say there is a light at the end of a tunnel. Others say there is an angel or a demon that greets you. And some say there is just nothing. Lights out. The first time I had died, it was dark and I had felt like I was falling. Then all of a sudden, there was Hell. 

This time, I could still vaguely sense what was going on around me. However, my body felt suspended in nothingness. It was like all of my senses were turned on the lowest settings. 

I remember panicking, wondering what would happen if they called the time of death. Would I be buried like this? I panicked for what seemed like days until it dissolved into an uncomfortable numbness. 

As I drifted through nothingness, I could sense Jasmine and several nurses I talked with regularly. It seemed as though she had taken charge of whatever was going on. I could only assume they had me wired up to every possible thing that would keep me alive. 

Then another voice joined the noise. Alastor. Someone, I assumed Jasmine, had called him and told him I was in limbo. I could only vaguely follow their conversation, but one sentence stood out.

"Cost means nothing," Alastor said, "I have that covered. Do anything you can to keep her alive."