Friendly Neighbourhood Demons

I WAS NOT READY!

   The battle was going relatively well for the first few minutes. So naturally, things had to go wrong.

   There were no major injuries to the campers yet and the monster horde seemed to be thinning. That was until we all heard a roar. Both armies stopped fighting. Slowly the monster army started backing away.

   It parted into two parts to make way for the mother of all monsters and her pet... Echidna and her Chimera.

   The Chimera's lion head looked straight at me and roared. Echidna gives me an evil smile.

   "Now, what do we have here, sonny?!" She said patting her pet. "If it isn't the Percy Jackson."

   "Let's make this interesting. Sonny, why don't you take Mr Olympus. I'll handle the pesky demigods" she said. The chimaera's snake tail hissed in agreement. And with that, it charged at me. Mr Olympus...huh.

   I would have been bulldozed if I hadn't dodged and rolled away. I knew this would be a hard fight.

   I steadied riptide waited for the Chimera to charge. After circling me for a minute, it pounced on me. Anticipating its move, I ducked and slashed at its underbelly. It roared in pain and anger. It turned towards me and before I could react, it blew fire at me.

   I closed my eyes and waited for the pain to hit me. Surprisingly nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw the chimaera looking at me in confusion. I looked around and noticed that all around me, there was soot covering the ground.

   The chimaera had blown fire. Why wasn't I affected?. My suspicions were confirmed when the chimera again tried to blow fire at me. Imagine my surprise when I wasn't affected by it in the slightest. I knew being a son of Poseidon made me a bit fire-resistant, but this was a whole new level.

   I smirked at the Chimera and was about to charge when I heard a familiar voice scream.

   I turned and was horrified by what I saw. Echidna had her sword passing through Andromeda's chest. Echidna smiled victoriously while Andromeda coughed blood.

   And at that moment, I snapped.

   "Noooo!" I screamed in a voice that's wasn't my own. It was the same voice I heard Lucifer introduce himself with. It was...demonic.

   Everyone stopped and looked at me. Echidna was looking at me with shock and confusion. She took the sword out of Andromeda's chest, which crumpled to the ground. I was overcome with rage. I pointed my sword at her.

   "Return to hell," I said in my demon voice.

   To everyone's surprise, the next second, flames erupted from the ground and consumed her, burning her alive. Her screams of pain eventually died out as she crumbled to dust.

   What I did next was purely out of instinct, and I had no idea how I did it. I took riptide and turned it around so that I was holding it upside down. I concentrated my power on my fists and they burst into flames. The flames engulfed riptide.

   Then, with all my strength, I plunged riptide into the ground. What followed next was indescribable. A circle formed around me with weird markings. Form out of those circles, came out three shadowy figures.

   The whole battlefield darkened as the figures started spinning and eventually formed a silhouette of a body. The most prominent structures on their body were the large, seven-foot, bat-like wings.

   Everyone looked at them with fear. I knew exactly what they were...demons from Hell. They approached me and much to my relief bowed to me. They got on one knee, waiting for orders. I looked them in the eye.

   "Protect the campers, destroy the monsters," I said in my demonic voice. They nodded and stood. They spread their wings and took off.

   What followed next was carnage. The demons went on destroying, no...annihilating the monster army. Within seconds, the monster army was retreating. I, however, was focused on something more important.

   "Andromeda!" I yelled running towards her, taking her dying body in my arms. She looked at me and tried to smile, only to cough out more blood.

   "H-hey...it's ok Pe-Percy," she said in between breaths.

   "No, I will not lose another person I love," I said with finality. I closed my eyes and imagined the flame burning brightly. I felt myself glowing and channelled my energy to her. Her wounds gradually healed and her breathing slowed.

   I put my palm to her forehead and concentrated. I channelled so much power, that a normal mortal would burn up just being near me. I opened my eyes to see Andromeda unconscious but healed.

   I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I then stood up, carrying her bridal style. I took her to a few nearby Apollo campers. They hesitated to see me but took Andromeda.

   I heard the flapping of wings and turned around to see my demon soldiers looking at me. Their eyes were devoid of any emotion. I approached them and looked at them gratefully.

   "Thank you. Without your help, we would have lost many good demigods. I'm in your debt" I said. I could tell they were surprised but covered it up quickly.

   "No need, My Prince. It is our job to serve you. You may call us whenever you wish to. But for now, we must take our leave" said the one in the middle bowing.

   "I have one request though before you leave," I said.

   "Anything for you Milord," said the demon.

   "I wish for you to address me as Percy. No 'Milord' or 'My Prince'" I said. They looked at me weirdly before smiling. At least I thought they were smiling. It looked creepy.

   "As you wish Percy. Master has truly found a pure and humble soul. The gates of Hell will always be open for you. I hope we meet again soon." He said before disappearing into flames and dust along with his companions.

   I turned towards camp and walked towards it. No one dared to come in my way after the little display. I went to the infirmary to see Andromeda sleeping peacefully. I smiled and sat beside her.

   I held her hand and she immediately intertwined her fingers with mine, unconsciously. I blushed a bit at this.

   I looked at her and started to feel something that I hadn't felt since... Annabeth before Tartarus. I kissed the top of her head before sitting in a more comfortable position, eyes droopy.

        "Sleep well, Andy," I said as I closed my eyes.

<Remember to vote>