I Explode Again

<Edited on: 20 August 2021> 

   I don't know if I was simply convincing or if I had used my power. Whatever it was, it definitely worked. The campers immediately turned and scurried towards camp.

   Once they were out of sight, I faced the sound of flapping of wings. Taking a deep breath, I readied the Sword of Eden.

   With a terrifying roar, one of the monsters came out from the woods. Landing a few feet away from me, it roared in rage.

   It was almost like the one that attacked the hunter's camp, but this one was leaner, and its face was of a different human. But it looked much fiercer.

   Its hungry roar echoed throughout the entire hillside. Following its sound, more of the creatures emerged from behind the trees, standing beside it. I counted six snarling faces in front of me.

   The ground suddenly shook as the forest rustled. With a screeching roar, many more of the beasts lept out of the woods. Shrill screams echoed through the night.

   New count: More than fifty.

   Yup, this was gonna be a bit hard.

   I looked at my very own skeletal army. There was not a hint of fear on their faces. But to be fair, there wasn't any emotion on their faces.

   I clenched my fist, summoning lightning to strike the monsters. The sky shook as thunderbolts rained down on the monsters. But the electricity merely bounced off of their hides, proving to be nothing more than annoyances.

   The vines I commanded decayed the moment they touched them, and water did nothing but simply irritate them.

   Hand to hand combat it was.

   With a battle cry, I charged at them, the skeleton warriors following suit.

   The monsters gave out an ear-piercing shriek in cohesion before rushing towards us. The Sword of Eden hummed in my hand as it turned to a dark shade of red. Hellfire formed on the metal as I directed power it.

   One of the monsters lunged straight at me.

   When it was almost upon me, I ducked and drove my sword into its chest.

   It quickly burst into grey dust, a misty smoke escaping it.

   The vapour circled The Sword of Eden for a second before the metal absorbed it. I felt a weird sensation in my chest. Almost like something was trying to claw out.

   I ignored it, charging at the rest of the horde.

   The skeletons were being demolished. Their weapons couldn't pierce the skin of the creatures. The monsters tore through the ranks of the undead warriors, decimating them.

   This was not going well.

   Then, something happened. The sound of battle suddenly became quiet. It didn't stop...it just...faded into the background.

   I heard a familiar voice speak.

              'Take Control'

   The battle sounds returned to normal. The fighting continued. Somehow, I now knew what I needed to do.

   The skeletons were reduced to dust. The creaturs surrounded me, swinging their scorpion-tail threateningly.

   Instead of fighting, I let the Sword of Eden go. It turned to light before merging with me. The monsters carefully studied me, wondering what I was trying to do.