The Hiking Plot

"One more week...just one more week before I come back to school."

Charlotte Linlin gripped to herself as she stared out the rainy window. Ever since that Luffy guy exposed her not so sweet side, she had been trapped in her home and working on schoolwork from afar. Often Kalifa would drop by and hand over some homework for her and give her the run down on what was happening in school.

When she heard that Black Maria and Ulti beat up Luffy, she was tickled pink. Finally, someone brought him down a peg. Maybe this incident was the catalyst that would make him leave. However, she was informed that Boa Hancock of the Beautification committee had taken him to the nurse's office. How dare that harlot think she could keep that boy there! She would have to deal with her little group later.

"Kalifa, isn't the school trip to Whiskey Peak coming up soon?" Linlin asked via online chat to her second-in-command.

"Yes, we have scheduled a trip there tomorrow actually. It is required for everyone to pair up with someone to conquer the mountain trails." Kalifa informed her, pulling up the permission list of girls attending. "And yes, Luffy is attending this trip. I'm quite surprised about who he got to sign his permission slip though. It would appear that our little monkey has some famous friends."

Linlin scanned down the list until she saw who signed Luffy's permission slip. "Are you kidding me?!"
____________________________

A few days earlier...

"Hey Auntie Makino! Long time, no see!"

A few miles away from Whole Cake Academy was one of the few save havens that Luffy loved. On Foosha Street, there was a small bar where Luffy spent most of his youth at when his father and grandfather were busy. Luffy would run over after school and hangout with his loving aunt Makino, owner of Partys Bar, one of the most popular bar in town.

Makino was a kindhearted woman, letting Luffy have food for free since he helped out in her bar. Her dark green hair was tied back with a light pink bandana today and she wore a blue blouse, white apron on her blue jeans, and black and white sneakers. She may have been the owner, but she also was the bartender and chef too. Every Friday and Saturday night Luffy would come by to help clean the bar after everyone left their tables or serve some drinks to patrons.

Or be a baysitter to her son. Either job earned him money and he was happy for that.

Today he was coming in to do his busboy duties, tying his apron on and getting his tray ready. After all, the usual customers would come around six and he had to be ready.

"How's school been going? I heard from Shakky that your grades have been steady with some As and Bs in certain classes." Makino said, pouring some drinks into cups to get ready for the rush. "She and Rayleigh keep in touch with Shanks and I. They want to see the baby constantly."

"I'm not going to lie to you Makino. I've tried my best to fit in, but some of these girls aren't the nicest to deal with. I got beat up the other day just because I'm a guy." Luffy admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "If Yamato-oneesan hadn't promised to watch over me, I probably would have given into their bully and fought back."

Makino smiled softly, patting him on the back. "Luffy, no matter how much they prod you or push you, never fight back. Words will hurt, I'm not going to lie, but you choose whether to let them control your life. However, if they throw the first punch, you have permission to fight back."