Old Wounds

It was a quiet evening for Olvia.

The silver haired woman knew her daughter would be out for awhile, so she decided to make herself dinner and set aside some for her when she got home. It was surprising that Robin wanted to go out and help another student study for their exams. In fact, this was the first time she had ever heard Robin wanting to willingly go out and have some fun. This warmed her heart since Robin had a hard history trusting males, especially after the Ohara incident...

No...you promised yourself you wouldn't think of that place again. Olvia thought, clutching her necklace tightly. You and Robin made it out safely, you two are fine. The police have no idea that you are here and they can't track you down. As far as they know, you are dead.

The trauma she had when it came to the Ohara incident would surface from time to time. Robin had done a good job in suppressing it, but some nights she would hear her daughter sobbing her eyes out until she fell asleep. At least it wasn't as bad as when she was a child. Those nights of Robin's wailing voice still haunt her to this day.

A knock on the door snapped her out of her thoughts. Curious, she walked to the door and looked out the peephole. She knew this was ridiculous, but being the cautious woman that she was, looking out to see who was knocking made her feel safe.

What she saw made her heart stop suddenly. A rising feeling of anger and fear rose up inside her as she opened the door to the shocked face of Aokiji.

"You...how did you find us..." Olvia spat, shaking in both fury and fear.

Aokiji rubbed the back of his neck and gave her a lazy look. "Do you mind if I come inside? We have some catching up to do."
__________________________________

She looked tense, something he noticed when walking in.

The house was nice, simple and full of books like their old house. It seemed like she was searching for something with all the papers, whiteboards, and old scrolls strewed on the kitchen table. Olvia had went into the kitchen to grab him a drink. Aokiji went on the couch, sinking into it as he gave a hum for approval.

Seemed like the two made a nice home near Whole Cake, just like Garp had said.

"So what are you doing here?" Olvia asked cautiously, coming in to offer him a glass of water. Then, she proceeded to take the seat opposite the couch.

Aokiji leaned up and took the glass from her hand. "I just wanted to make sure that the information that I received was correct. I was surprised to find that you were living not so far away from my workplace." Taking a sip of water, he gave her a soft look. "Robin, how is she doing? Where is she right now?"

Olvia gripped her chair as she tried not to lash out at the man in front of her. "Why do you care? Why did you come back?" She stood up, tears running down her face now. "Do you know how many nights Robin and I have suffered? Do you know what trauma we are still enduring from you actions? Our home is gone, Saul is dead, and you..." Now her hands were bleeding from gripping them too long. "You dare come to our home now and want to know where she is!?"

Aokiji sighed, taking another sip of the water. "What happened that day wasn't my fault. I had no idea that the police would come in and destroy your town. You can blame me all you want Olvia, but deep down we both know I would never harm the young girl I considered my little sister."

SLAP!

Aokiji clutched his now redden cheek as the look of fury in Olvia's eyes was now more apparent.

"You can keep your apology, you scum! You locate my house, ask where my child is, and then tell me that you were at fault for that day." Olvia stomped away as she went to the window. "You probably didn't come here to catch up. What are you really here for?"

Aokiji was about to reply to her before another knock on the door interrupted them once more. Olvia gave him another dirty stare before going near the door. This time though something was odd since she couldn't see who was at the door. Hesitantly, she opened the door a crack and yelped as a large man overtook the doorframe.

"Are you the mother of Nico Robin?" The dark skinned man asked, his face stoic and menacing.

"Yes, to whom am I speaking to." Olvia asked, darting her eyes at the hidden form of Aokiiji. He was now silently watching the confrontation, ready to jump in and defend her if needed.

"The boss would like to have a word with you. Come with us without a fuss or we may have to get messy."

Us! The two adults screamed in their heads before the man swiftly chopped Olvia on the neck. This quick action knocked the woman out, making Aokiji gasp in horror. Before he could interfere, someone knocked something ln his head hard, knocking him out too. A tall woman with an afro laughed as he crumpled to the floor.

"No wonder the boss sent us to do this job! She was hiding a cop in here!" The woman snarled at his fallen form. "I left the note on the table Daz, so we can go now!"

"I'll inform the boss that we got Miss All-Sunday's mother, Paula. Get the car started."
______________________________

Later that night, Luffy was at the community center, wailing out on a punching bag. Today's session with Robin was so much fun! He got his homework done and even shared a snack with the senior. Truly she was becoming one of his closest friends.

"Does the idiot know that he destroyed that bag already?" Eustass Kid asked, sweat rolling down his face as he finished his session.

His good buddy Killer, a masked individual, handed him a water bottle. "He's been in a daze ever since he got here." Turning to a boy who was reading in a corner, he remarked. "Hey Law, can you give us a diagnosis on Strawhat?"

"I'm a medical student, not a psychiatrist." Law snarked, not looking up from his book.

Bonney laughed, taking a huge bite from the pizza she was consuming. "You have no idea how that boy's mind works. Obviously he saw a girl today and it was Nico Robin."

"The smartest female at your school?" Hawkins, a young man with a tarot deck, asked. "I thought she never interacted with anyone that wasn't from a book."

"She's more open now than ever before. Sits at my table along with Luffy and his cohorts." Bonney shrugged, watching Luffy pickup his phone after throughly destroying the sandbag. "She's nice...in a scary genius sort of way."

Luffy's face went from happy to serious so fast that Law actually looked up from his book to see a destroyed water bottle on the floor.

"Guys, I need your help. Robin just told me her mother has been kidnapped."