Brains and A Beauty

When the cherry blossoms fall to the ground...
And the scent of perfume fills the air...
The air sparkles with a new life and light...
As the gates of Whole Cake Academy open for the day...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whole Cake Academy, well known for their advancements in the fine arts and education. The best place for studying is in the Ohara Library, a donation made by the company to help better the education system and make sure that all girls get a passing chance at the college of their choice. Lead by Nico Olvia, one of the many parent sponsors, she was allowed to be the school's official librarian along with a free scholarship for her daughter. And thus, the school got their head librarian and one of the brightest minds in the states.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The echoing sounds of the large doors opening made Nico Robin jump a bit.

The long haired beauty from the third year looked up to see the new transfer student alongside the class president. Being the school's brightest student and working in her mother's library, Robin had herself in check. Her dark eyes scanned the two while she placed her reading glasses on her head. Her school uniform was different from the others with her long purple shirt, long indigo skirt, and brown loafers. A cute flowery jacket was tied around her waist.

"Here's the last place on our tour. This is the Ohara Library, home of every subject known to the town. You can find help in the tutoring sessions held every Wednesday here by our star student, Nico Robin." She heard Linlin whisper. "While I am not here all the time due to my duties as class president, she's always here taking her classes on-line."

"How come she gets to do that?" The new student, Luffy was it, asked.

"Because her mom works here at the school! Lots of other girls have their mothers work here and get to come here on scholarship. Our school accepts all types after all." Linlin bragged, making Robin roll her eyes. "I'll leave you here and someone will come by and drop off your schedule."

"So you aren't going to even stay for the rest of the day with me? How disappointing..." Luffy teased the pink haired girl who clobbered him on the head.

"Shut it! I'm leaving because I need to make up my classes and get the work I missed lugging you around this whole time." Giving him a glare, she flipped her hair and left the library.

Robin slowly walked towards the new guy on campus as he got up and looked around. There it was, the look she always enjoyed when new students entered the library. Three levels, twenty-seven rows, and a multitude of computers for all students to enjoy, so who wouldn't want to spend their days perusing the place at their leisure? She watched him, curious about his every move. Ever since Nami had came in earlier, she had his file looked over and told her mother to help make a suitable schedule for him.

Now that she had an eye on him, she was surprised to see a sad look on his face.

"Man...here I was thinking that I could make a good first impression, but no one besides the people I know would even talk to me." A melancholy sound came from his mouth as he sat down on a stool. "Will I be able to survive this new semester?"

Robin watched as he clenched his fist and stood up. "No...I refuse to quit just because Charlotte-chan or anybody tells me! I will make it a full semester, I will make friends here, and I will rule the school by the end of the term!" He grinned widely, a look of hope on his face. "After all, these girls all seem really cool and I would love to be friends with all of them! And maybe..." Touching his hat, Robin saw a wistful look in his eyes. "I'll find out what happened to my mother."