A Gluttonous Ally

When the cherry blossoms fall to the ground...
And the scent of perfume fills the air...
The air sparkles with a new life and light...
As the gates of Whole Cake Academy open for the day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte Linlin was not one to pass out.

She was the calm and collected school president! Ruling the school with her sweet, yet firm disciplinary skills, she always had to keep a cool head. Something about this boy, this Monkey D. Luffy, made her inside want to crawl out and burst. Perhaps it was the way he stood up to her stare that could usually bring an entire squad of cheerleaders down on the ground by the sheer pressure alone.

The pink haired girl groaned as she leaned upwards, the sun stinging her eyes a bit. Where the heck was she anyways? The white bedding and soft plush blanket made her believe that she was at the nurse's office. Rubbing her forehead, which now had a roll of bandages around it, she turned to see the black haired boy chatting with some other girl. The blonde haired girl was now laughing at something he said, causing a big grin to appear on his face.

"Seriously? Did he really do that?" The girl asked, tears streaming down her face.

"Yup, Usopp managed to not only piss off Mr. Nolan, but was sent to detention for lying about being the one who wrote the graffiti around school. Told the others at detention that he got in by beating up the toughest guy in school." Luffy said, shaking his head. "Almost miss going to the same school as him and the other guys, but this all-female academy ain't so bad. Especially since I got to meet the amazing Kaya that Usopp keeps telling me about. I thought you were fake since he tells so many stories."

Now she recognized that girl. Kaya was a student who took the nursing route and spent countless hours training in the school's infirmary under the watchful eye of Doctor Kureha, the school's doctor. The young girl was a sickly thing when she first arrived here, passing out during physical education class to the point that she was banned from going. Hence why she spent most of her time in the infirmary and decided to take a nursing route instead of the various other options.

"Oh! Class president Linlin-san!" Kaya finally noticed the female staring at them with a weird look in her eyes. "You're finally awake! Luffy told me you passed out in front of him when you were about to take him on a tour. Just so happened that I bumped into him and lead him towards the infirmary to get you checked up. Don't worry, you just got a minor bruise from falling."

Linlin cleared her throat and smiled sweetly. "Thank you so very much Kaya! I feel so much better thanks to you."

Luffy rolled his eyes. "You can cut the sweet crap cause it doesn't work on some people."

DIE! Linlin thought, sending a glare towards the strawhat boy. "I'm just being polite that's all."

Kaya stood up, sensing tensions rising in the eyes of both Luffy and Linlin. "Um...if I may interject, why don't you two head to lunch together? You missed most of your classes by staying here President and you need to eat something."

Linlin crossed her arms, looking away from Luffy. "Who said anything about me being hungry? I'm fine, I need to finish this stupid tour and get this bonehead's schedule done so he can be out of my-"

RRRRRrrrrrrr...

Blushing, she turned back around to see the smug face on Luffy. "I suppose we could go to lunch."