Preparations & Revelations

When the cherry blossoms fall to the ground...
And the scent of perfume fills the air...
The air sparkles with a new life and light...
As the gates of Whole Cake Academy open for the day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors and news spread fast around town.

In a town where crime is high, the police are brutal, and the youth continue to thrive, there's nothing like hearing the gossip that keeps everyone interested. Makino would hear the drunks speak about how her husband's crew and their good deeds. The rec center would always have some competition that everyone would look forward to. Even Raftel University, the shining jewel of the town, had its fair share of news, controversy, and juicy gossip.

The one who did all this rumor sharing and chaos cooking was the man, the myth, the legend, Foxy!

Running the local tabloid was never an easy feat. In fact, most people would ignore the filth he would write about denizens of the town. The news stand would still have some of his papers after a long news day. It sickened him since there was a time of peace going on and nothing new was happening. He almost thought that switching to the online blog was a bad thing.

Just as he was about to yell at his editor to cancel the fake news about Doctor Vegapunk, his trusted intern Porsche burst in with a stack of papers underneath her arms.

"Mister Foxy! Mister Foxy! I have some news for you today!" She rand past some of the other co-workers, nearly knocking over someone holding a cup of coffee. "So, like, you said not to trust my source for all things juicy, but I have some news that may attract the attention of everyone and put our Foxy News back on top!"

Foxy lay across the desk, rolling his eyes. "This "trusted source" of yours is highly shady. I admire that, but there's nothing that will garter attention. We don't have inside sources for Kaido, Big Mom, Blackbeard, Shanks, or even Whitebeard for that matter! I can't imagine what stupid schoolyard news you have for me today."

"Well....it does involve the Big Mom group."

That elicited a reaction from the downed publisher. His head shot up, a big grin wrapped around his face, and he started to cackle. Porsche backed away in shock while the rest of the group stared at him. Rubbing his nose, he snatched the papers from her hands and read the freshly typed article and pictures.

"Oh this? This is fresh, new, and involves a scandal of a lifetime. Does Big Mom know this? Can we get her testimony if this blows up?"

Porsche smirked, sitting down in front of the desk. "She has no idea. If we publish this news today, I think we'll be back in business in no time. Plus, Big Mom will get so mad that it will cause a shift in the balance of peace. This will cause enough gossip for the Foxy News to get back on top."

The rest of the crew gave a cheer as they started dancing about the room. Foxy nodded, giving Porsche a thumbs up.

"Very good intern! Tell your source to keep doing what their doing and gather more of this monkey business. I have a feeling he's going to be in the papers more than Roger himself."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, while some shady dealings were going on, Luffy and his weekend friends were chilling out at the local mechanic shop of Cutty Flam a.k.a Franky the Robot Man. The reason why they called him that was because his entire body was replaced with robot parts and other things that made him more man than machine. Whenever they had the time, Franky would allow them to come over for lunch and to catch up since they all went to different schools. In doing so, most of the school guys affectionately called him "Uncle Franky" despite the fact that he was in his early twenties.