Babysitting Blues

When the cherry blossoms fall to the ground...
And the scent of perfume fills the air...
The air sparkles with a new life and light...
As the gates of Whole Cake Academy open for the day...

______________________________________________________________________

What can be said about the beauty known as Boa Hancock?

Urban legends state that every few decades or so, there's a beautiful woman born in the town that exceeds all expectations. This woman would be kindest of heart, brave beyond measure, just in power, and elegant with poise. So few would have all these traits and it was rare to find a girl with just one of the traits prominent in their life. This was what it took to be a real queen that reigned above them all. Everyone knows that all queens came from prolific families and grew up in the lap of luxury. Why look at the beauty queens of the finishing school, they all live fabulous lives that all girls wish they could have.

Boa Hancock, however, wasn't so lucky.

When she was born, her parents told her that she was going to be a success. No matter what happened in life, as long as she had her looks, there was nothing that could ever harm her. And Boa stuck to that principle throughout her childhood, making sure that she was the most beautiful girl in school. She learned makeup from the nice women at the mall. She would frequent hair salons to get new styles added to her hair and products to use. She even went to the bookstore to read fashion magazines to be up to date on recent trends. When her sisters were born, she practiced all her techniques on them and they were forever grateful. Boa and her sisters were known as the "Amazon Trio", a group of unobtainable girls that every boy or girl wanted as their lovers.

However, her family life wasn't so great since she grew up in a poor neighborhood. Her parents made do with what they had and put aside some money for her future. What they lacked in funds, they gave in love. They always told their daughters that as long as they had love in their hearts and an eye for beauty, they will never be unhappy.

Until one day, when Boa's life changed in an instant.

A tragic accident claimed her parents' lives, a hit-and-run that made them collide with a cliffside. They were coming home from a trip, leaving a seven-year-old Boa overseeing her younger sisters. When the police came to the house, they were devastated. Marigold and Sandersonia were confused at best until they saw their older sister break down in tears. The foster care system came the next day to separate the siblings, but Boa didn't have it in her heart to part with her only family members. She fought the system, claiming that she would continuously fight them if it tore them apart. The system relented, trying to prevent any conflict from arising from an unruly child.

So began the darkest chapter in the Amazon Trio's lives.

__________________________________________________________________

Every morning around seven, Boa opened her eyes to greet the day.

Her long, silky ebony locks were wrapped up in a scarf to prevent breakage, a sleep mask over her eyes to prevent puffiness, and her body soft from the essential oils doused the night before.

Perfect beauty took time and effort after all.

Coming out of her slumber meant getting out of her expensive sheets and gliding over to her vanity. With a dramatic flourish, she took the sleep mask off and unraveled the scarf. Her hair came down to her knees as she started her routine brushing. After that came all the creams and powders that made her face look pristine. Finally, she got up from the vanity to take off her night clothes and switch into her uniform.

She never took showers in the morning. To clean herself of the impurities of the day, she waited till the night to give herself a cleansing glow.

Once she tied the last ribbon on her uniform, she put on her jewelry. Her snake earrings, her signature golden necklace, and many rings on her fingers. One last spritz of her perfume and she completed her morning routine.