Utahime's Comin To Town 2

When the cherry blossoms fall to the ground...
And the scent of perfume fills the air...
The air sparkles with a new life and light...
As the gates of Whole Cake Academy open for the day...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luffy, I want you to come with me on tour."

Christmas was a time to be with friends and family. For Luffy, he got to see his grandfather, father, uncle, aunts, and all his various siblings under one roof. Makino would be in the kitchen with Aunt Rouge and Grandma Tsuru to make a ton of food for dinner. His father and Shanks would be watching television and drinking tons of beer. Grandpa worked a bit late but would be back in time for dinner. All of the children would be in the den and gazing at the gifts they would open the next day.

Now they all crowded the couch and were watching some movie together. Sabo had his arm wrapped around his new girlfriend Koala, who was surprised to be invited for Christmas. She grew up in a foster home and never came to a family dinner before. Ace was passed out on the couch while Isuka snuggled into his chest. The two had recently hooked up after years of chasing each other down in college. Tama was engrossed in the movie on the floor with a peppermint stick in her mouth. Komachiyo, her big dog companion was snoozing next to her. Yamato had a cup of cocoa in her hands, taking light sips as she stared out the window at the scene in front of her.

What irritated Yamato was the fact that Uta would be gone for months in the end, making albums, taking dance classes, and being on tour, and expected Luffy to be at her beck and call when she came back. He was a great guy, a bit dense, but loyal to a fault. Her tour bus would come back around his birthday, summer break, and Christmas to spend time with him. Those two were so cute to the outside world, many tabloids gossiped about the fact that Utahime found her prince charming. They were a power couple in every sense of the word and their love seemed eternal.

However, there were always dark clouds in every relationship.

Yamato recalled a night when she stayed over at Luffy's house and heard them talking on the phone. It wasn't her business, but she poked her nose in it anyways. Luffy wanted to spend more time with her and finish schooling before he explored the world. Uta wanted her freedom and passion for music. She wanted the high life of exclusive parties, fine wine, and millions of fans. The two were ambitious about their dreams of grandeur. A shouting match only happened because Luffy pointed out that he wanted to find his path in life and it didn't involve creating music like her. Yamato held her mouth as she heard Uta tearfully plead that he come with her and leave his small-town life.

Now, as she sipped her cup of cocoa, she watched them stand outside in the snow having the same conversation. The phone call was a few months back and still fresh in her mind as she saw Uta ask the question once more. Luffy was adjusting his green sweater and wrapped his candy cane-striped scarf around his face. Uta was rocking a nice white sweater dress with red leggings and fluffy white boots. Like the popstar, she was, even her headphones were Christmas themed with snowflakes.

"Uta, we've talked about this before. I don't want to travel the world at the moment. I have a life here, with friends that like me, and family who love me." He turned away, his eyes hidden under his straw hat. "I'm heading to high school in a few months. Uncle Rayleigh has transferred me over to the school Aunt Shakky runs. I'm going to finish my schooling and then I will go around the world."

Uta got close to him, batting her eyelashes. "Luffy, you can still learn on the road. I get online courses and tutoring. You can meet new friends when we travel. You can call your family anytime!" Her lip quivered, gently took his hands. "Don't you want to be with me? Isn't having me enough for you to want to come with me? We can even fix our relationship and live together. I...want to be with you."