Utahime's Comin To Town

When the cherry blossoms fall to the ground...

And the scent of perfume fills the air...

The air sparkles with a new life and light...

As the gates of Whole Cake Academy open for the day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Years Prior...

In his younger years, Luffy was growing up in the little town of Foosha. With his father working at the university and his mother working at her day job, Luffy was left in the care of his two babysitters, Mary and Sunny. The two were the surrogate sisters that he never had and were there for him when he needed the most loving. Mary would cook him delicious food, give him fun baths, and nurse him back to health when he was ill. Sunny encouraged his creativity with art, take him out shopping, and took him to the park. Between the two of them, they were glad to look after the little bundle of joy.

When he went to the park, he would hang out with his older brothers Sabo and Ace. The trio was inseparable, causing mischief all over the playground. Several parents would yell at them for stealing snacks from their picnic baskets, carving their initials on the town's oldest tree, and creating an army out of the woodland animals. However, Sunny and Mary would take the trio back to their homes when the hours were over and the lights came on.

Their dynamic would change when Yamato was added to the mix. The tall girl towered over the trio and could easily overpower Ace and Sabo. In Luffy's eyes, she was the coolest girl in the world. Or a guy depending on who asked. Yamato spent hours with the trio, but she was close to Luffy the most. Luffy also gave her the signature oni mask that she loved wearing as a child. For her, those summers of sitting on the top of the tallest tree overlooking Foosha were the ones she remembered the most.

And then, Shanks had to come into town.

The summer when Shanks came to town was one of great importance. He came into town with a bright smile on his face, charming Makino who worked in the bar and impressing the children with his cool stories. He was the idol that Luffy strove to become and he became a somewhat uncle to Luffy.

He also brought in one of the greatest people in his life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luffy, everyone, meet my daughter Uta."

At Party's Bar, Shanks and his employees decided to have their company party at the popular bar. Makino got paid extra during the night to keep the drinks coming and the food cooking. Due to this, she had asked for Ace, Sabo, Yamato, and Luffy to help serve the food and take orders. Luffy happily agreed for the group, donning a cute apron to be the night's waiter. Yamato was placed at the bar, having learned some drinks to serve the guests. Ace and Sabo worked in the back of the kitchen, cooking up some food that Makino taught them before service. After a dozen or so drinks and meals had been served, Makino decided to give the group a break.

Luffy scarfed down a mountain of meat while shoving fries into his mouth. Ace casually drank some root beer and had some meat of his own. Sabo was politely eating a light salad and sharing nachos with Yamato. Said girl was scarfing down her portion of nachos while chugging down some apple juice. Shanks hobbled over to the kid's table in his drunken stupor and presented them with his daughter.

Uta was a pretty little girl. She had white and red hair in ponytails with circular braids at the end. Her eye was bright purple, but the left eye was covered by her white hair. She wore a jean jacket with a purple music note symbol on the right, a yellow sundress, and brown boots. A set of headphones hung around her neck with music blaring.