Newfound Strengths

"Well, look who came crawling back to me. I knew you couldn't stay away from me."

Robin stood there, not trying to break face as she walked closer towards Crocodile. The entire Baroque Works hadn't changed that much, but she did notice that Bentham was gone. He left the group to join the college tour group where Professor Ivankov worked. Good that he changed his mind at the last minute. Daz and Paula were giving her a smirk, knowing that she would be reprimanded by the boss. Marianne shot her a worried look, knowing she was the reason that Robin was there in the first place. Galdino sneered as she walked past him, the small girl holding him back before she could do something stupid. Robin was surprised to see Miss Drophy still there with her little grandson Babe, considering the mole shaped woman was getting older. The only ones she didn't see were Gem and Mikita, both of which were busy with the chocolate shop and being the resident firefighter. Sitting on his stupid throne was Crocodile himself, the man with the hook for a hand and eyeing her with a lustful gaze.

"Well I knew you had something of importance of mine here." Robin joked, crossing her arms. "So...where is my mother?"

"I wouldn't be so callous when addressing me, Miss All-Sunday. You should remember your place." Crocodile warned, pointing his hook at her. "I can end her life at any moment."

"You won't because you still need me. I don't work for you anymore nor would I ever go back to that life." She turned to see some of the Billions blocking the door behind her. "Release my mother now or else."

The rest of the group laughed at this. Crocodile narrowed his eyes at her and got off his throne.

"You think we didn't expect you to have some backup or people who are helping you. I told the Billions to deal with your friends outside and I haven't heard anything from them yet. So perhaps they're either dead or currently dying at the moment." He took her hair with his hook, making her turn her head. "You are better off staying here with me and letting me get what I want."

"You won't win, my friends are coming to save me, especially Luffy."

SLAP!

Robin fell to the floor, holding her cheek in shock. The angry form of Crocodile loomed over her and his face was red with fury. Grabbing her by the hair, he yanked her up to his face.

"How dare talk to me that way! Never forget how you owe me and you lead me on that night. Face it Robin, you can never get rid of me." He blew smoke in her face, making her choke.

"Let her go Croc. She's not the same girl who was being used by you anymore."

The door blew open to reveal Luffy and his friends were standing there along with Aokiji, who lazily leaned against the door frame. The members of Baroque Works were all shocked that they had survived the many minions that they sent their ways. Even Crocodile gave the kid a shocked look before glaring right back at him.

"Who the heck do you think you are brat? Don't tell me you are the Luffy she's been writing about?"

This remark made Kid and Killer snicker, Law smirk, Hawkins not making a sound, Bonney chortle, and Luffy giving her a small smile.

He dipped his hat over his eyes, making a shadow. "Yeah, so what? Are you going to try and intimidate me? You already hurt my girl and now you want to hurt her mother. Some old fling you turned out to be." He gave Crocodile his signature smile. "Do me a favor and go to hell."

Daz and Paula charged forward with their brass knuckles and mace to hit the boy who dared to talk to their boss like that. They were blocked by Law and Kid, who had taken out their sword and metal boxing gloves respectively. Galdino started to throw hot wax, but it got knocked away by Hawkins using some straw. Marianne wanted to go and fight, but was blocked by Bonney who kept her at arms length. Drophy gave Killer a glare before she and Babe went to fight him. Aokiji stood next to Luffy, sighing as they left the others to fight.