25 ~ modern AU

another holy one

please dont tell me in the only one whos such an overthinker they can spot every single lie and goddamnit when someone lies to my face i want to squeeze the life out of them with my bare hands

John's POV

"Psst, John" a familiar French accent whispered in my ear, "New kid's looking at you."

"Tell him to fuck off," I mutter, not looking up from my phone.

"Why don't you?" Laf snorts and I roll my eyes. 

I glance behiend me and see 'The New Kid'. Very obviously staring at me, not even trying to hide it. He has sleek black hair in a ponytail like me, and sparkling violet eyes. His face goes red when he realises I'm looking at him.

"Fuck off," I say, before turning back to my phone.

"Aw, shit dude, I think you made him sad." He says, guilt hiding in his voice. 

"Too bad." I hiss. 

**** (i imagined saying boop as i pressed those keys wtf)

I had ignored him for most of the day despite the fact he literally had his eyes on my the entire time. Which was pressuring, I'll admit.

And so, when school ended, I made sure I was away from him, mainly heading towards the school car park after stalling for a bit in the toilets. 

I light a cigarette as I left. The car park was mostly empty, but out of the corner of my eye I catch someone. 

I turn to look and see Thomas looming over someone. Oh. It was New Kid.

Something in me felt guilty, goddamnit. Like fuck I wanted to go help, but at the same time I did. I huff and groan to myself before walking over there.

I hesitate for a second. I watch him try to stand up to him before being shoved on the floor. ok, now I have to intervene. You do not kick people while they are down.

"Hey Thomas," I hiss, stressing the y. "How about we try being nice today, huh?"

He turns towards me and scoffs. "Yeah, and who's gonna make me?"

I run my tongue over my teeth, "Me. Now, fuck off." 

He hesitates for a second and I glare at him. He turns and without a word walks off, defeated. 

I turn towards New Kid and hold out a hand. He takes it, gratefully and pulls himself to his feet.

"Thanks." He mumbles.

"You're welcome," I smirk.

I watch as he slowly turns a shade of bright red. 

"No need to go so pink, any would would think that you were stripping me with your eyes." I joke.

"I uh, w-what no! I wasn't oh my god I s-s-s I swear-" He babbles and I laugh. 

"I was joking." I reassure him, finally pulling my hand from his. He looks at it before shifting again, probably mentally screaming at himself. 

You have to be honest, he's cute.

"Ditch this," I say, "You wanna go get a coffee?"

He looks at me for a second before agreeing.

"Y'know, I don't even know you're name."

"You can find out on the way *;)* "

ok, so not so on fire its shite but whatver its just like the skeleton of it I can't be bothered with adding details.