42 ~ again

another reupload if an old one. however, plot twist, this was MY FIRST LAMS FIC I EVER WROTE. (in like august 2020-) no none had ever seen it before. it's actually..... not bad?

it was s prison au, and it's only the first bit, so i'm including the first an i ever wrote too! this still sits in my drafts

so, without further ado

A/N: Uh, hey there. I really wanted to write this for a while. This is like, my first story? I couldn't really be bothered to finish my other one. So, enjoy, I'll update every few days or so, and comments would be great!

Alex's pov

I glance out of the bus window and the rolling landscape. It's different to what I was expecting. Instead of that barren desert that had fearfully kept me awake at night, it was mountains and trees and lakes.

But still the middle of nowhere.

The only other person on the bus was my guard escort person, and the silence was kind of awkward, but don't expect me to talk to him. I sat back in my seat and shut my eyes. How the fuck did I get into this mess?

I remember Burr telling me that one day I would grow up to be a hero and a scholar, and be a total disaster. Dear God, he was right.

Burr was my first friend, I guess? Like, we have a very love hate relationship. We'd be super close open minute, and about to shoot each other the next. I once wrote out a list of 30 different reasons we shouldn't be friends when I was mad at him, but I kept that hidden. I wasnt gonna completely destroy everything.

Maybe I already had?

I sigh and open my eyes as the bus comes to a halt. I glance out the window and saw what awaited me for the rest of my days.

Imagine a mansion. Now remove any sparkly or flashy things, and paint it a dark, dark grey. Add bars to the windows, and make it old, and damp and slightly rusty. Shit.

"Get up, this is it" A gruff voice whispered. I roll my eyes and struggle to my feet. We'd been traveling for hours and I was handcuffed. Not easy. The guard grabs my pillow case of very few things and I hobble off the bus, with him following behind. I jump the last few steps off the bus and look up. It looks like something out of a fairy tale or whatever. The guy behind my nudges me with a baton to keep moving.

"Alright, alright. Can I not get a brief look at where I'll be spending my forever?" But i keep moving.

The metal gates in front of me creek open like some shit out of horror movie. I am pushed inside where someone stands waiting for me. He's tall, bald and wearing a suit. I suppose he's trying to look intimidating. Not working. I roll my eyes.

"Hello Mr Hamilton, I am Mr Washington, and welcome to NY State Prison."

"You say that like I'm supposed to be impressed"

He grumbles and comes behind my to unlock my handcuffs. I shake my hands and rub my wrists.

"Come with me. And behave, or you just might regret this for the rest of your days."

I follow him as he gives me some grand tour shit. I mostly keep my head down. It's like going to a new school, just as big, but twice as scary. I'm not really listening until he says "And this will be your cell, which you will be sharing with Mr Laurens." Before literally shoving me in. Fast.

"Son of a bitch..." I murmur as he throws my pillow case in. I shot out a hand and grab it. What can I say? I have abnormally fast reflexes.

I glance over at my "cell mate".