44 ~ modern AU

*smiles in please forget the fact i dont give u that much content anymore but please dont unfollow me*

also plz comment it gives me self worth ty xoxo

John's POV

Detention.

Ah yes. A two hour detention.

How wonderful.

How did I get here I hear you ask?

I like to call it wrong place, wrong time.

And punching a kid in the nose.

So hard

that it broke...

But more wrong place wrong time that disconnecting someone's nose form their skull.

I slump back in my seat. This is the last place I want to be, two whole hours sat here doing nothing. Well it could be worse, I could have been suspended. I had plans as well. Plans to sit in my room alone in the dark but they're still plans.

I look slowly around there room. It was quiet, everyone had gone home, and there was only on person in detention with me.

He turns around and looks directly at me, resting his arms on the back of the chair and smirking at me.

"How nice of you to join me Laurens, I knew you wouldn't want to be alone in this detention." He says smoothly and I roll my eyes.

Alexander Hamilton.

Popular.

Annoying.

Insanely hot.

Asshole.

I didn't even know the guy, I think I may have maths with him, I'm not sure. But that's it. I hate the way he's staring me down. I hate him. I hate him and all of his friends. The Hamilsquad. They suck, honestly, pretentious pricks who are just so infuriating that if I tried to explain why we'd be here all day.

I look away.

Oh and I may have forgot to mention, it was one of his friends I punched. In the face. And took off his nose from his skull. So why is Alexander in detention?

Because he punched me too. Isn't that great? He knocked out one of my teeth for fucks sake.

But I'm lucky I wasn't suspended. It was all in fair play after all.

"Aw c'mon sweetheart," He laughed, getting up out of his seat and coming over and sitting on my desk. I push my chair backwards. "You won't even look at me?" He leans in and cups my cheeks, slightly harshly, and I pull out of his grip. "You're so quiet doll."

"Well, yeah, no one plans a murder out loud." I retort, looking straight back at him with unmoving eyes.

"Ooh, feisty, I like that." He teases and leans in, and I pull a disgusted face and back away.

But luckily before he could say anything more, the door opens and he quickly hops in the next next to mine, and I push the chair over slightly, away from him. Mr Washington walks in, looks at both of us, and sighs.

"I don't think I need to go over this, do I? You both know why you're here, you've both been here before, two hours, I'll see you then." He says, and with that he leaves.

"Oh, tell me Johnny," Ew, "Why have you been here before?"

I ignore him but he shuffles closer to me.

"C'mon, tell me, you seem like such a moral student."

I snort out of pure reflex, and try to cover it up. He thinks I'm moral, that's funny.